Trailer Title Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > Trailer Title Question

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 02-29-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
Jeremylerv
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Trailer Title Question

So I got this boat trailer from a guy that gave it to me for free but said he could not find the title. I went to the DOL and got the notary paper to have him sign and get notarized, but its been about 3 weeks now and still no word from him. I've left him several voice-mails but still nothing. What im wondering is if I could just take the trailer to the DOL and get it "re-licensed" in my name, and how much would this cost. Thanks

(o)_)____(o)_)--o)_)
Jeremylerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #2
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

In MO the last registered owner has to apply for lost title. If they aren't available you have to advertise it and then go to court and get a judgment or court order saying you can re-title it. Not sure how it works out your way but unless it is a really nice trailer it may not be worth the hassle.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #3
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Depends on your State DMV laws. In Mn you can register a "home built" trailer. If you declare it home built, then it was home built.

Otherwise, take the guy to lunch, and stop by the Notary on the way.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #4
wickedx

Check with your DMV, some states don't even require titles on personal trailers, only if the are used commercially.
Unread 03-11-2012, 07:23 AM   #5
hesterj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

^x's 2
In Texas I have just called two trailers home built. Both were bought at auction without a title. I paid less and went through half the paperwork. Gotta love the loop holes.

FIX IT TILL it's broke
hesterj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.