Towing a Travel Trailer Cross Country - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > Towing a Travel Trailer Cross Country

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 05-21-2013, 07:20 PM   #31
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

It seems to me that kpoulos5 (the OP) was loooking for information about how the Jeep would tow a small travel trailer, and she probably appreciated suggestions like test runs, sway controls, and transmission coolers, etc...

I highly doubt she was asking anyone's opinion on whether she should bring the cat to their new home across the country, or leave it behind at a shelter.

I also doubt she was asking anyone whether or not her 9-mo old daughter should go more than a few hours each day.

More than once she asks about the safety of the rig, and I think that's where we, as a community of Jeep enthusiasts, can offer her the most help.

Unread 05-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #32
riverrunner
2003 TJ Wrangler 

OP, based on what you are trying to do and the responses given, I think you need to ask yourself the following;

Are you going to use this travel again after you reach your new home?

Do you even feel comfortable doing this trip the way you have it planned?

Will you be tempted to load the trailer down if everything doesn't fit in the moving PODS?

Are you letting your child make your travel plans?

Stopping that often because of a small child is going to make for a LONG trip. Your child will travel fine if you let her.

good luck!
riverrunner is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.