Towing my sail boat with a TJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > Towing my sail boat with a TJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 10-07-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
Kris_Kris
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Towing my sail boat with a TJ

Well, I dont actually take it out on the road this way. I just use the TJ to put it in and out of the water. The parking at the marina is tight and a full size truck sucks it the tight areas.

The boat sure towers over the jeep.

Kris_Kris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Nice boat.
Unread 10-08-2010, 07:08 PM   #3
Kris_Kris
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
Nice boat.
Thanks.
Unread 10-08-2010, 07:10 PM   #4
jeepin-gheenoe
2005 LJ Wrangler 

nice boat! but i bet your jeep could pull it at hwy speeds down the road if you wanted to.

check out this thread, there is some pretty heavy stuff ive pulled and other jeepers! http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/h...ulled-1039488/
[CENTER][COLOR="Navy"]2005 Wrangler LJ (patriot blue with matching body&fenders like a sahara), auto, D44 rear Limited Slip Diff, D30front open, 3.73, 1 1/2inch RC spacer lift, K&N CAI, 31/10.50 kelly safari tsr A/T's, custom grill guard, warn 3700 winch, 5" KC Apollo long range lights, 1500watt SSL amp pushing a 12 inch kicker CRV sub, Flowmaster 40seriers muffler with custom side exit crome tip and lots of CROME![/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Navy"]Have an LJ and need a hard top...clicky here![/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/lj-hardtop-rally-tops-1064476/[/url][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Navy"]Check out my Jeep and my Gheenoe in
actoin on my youtube Channel[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/kddcc?feature=mhum"]http://www.youtube.com/user/kddcc?feature=mhum[/URL][/CENTER]

[QUOTE=AlexTJ;5424847]While we're at it lets sue the pants off 'em for ever considering using the dana 35![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=TJorange;10092084]Your Jeep is a real work horse man! Seems like ive seen at least one picture of it on every page of this forum.[/QUOTE]
jeepin-gheenoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #5
Kris_Kris
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepin-gheenoe View Post
nice boat! but i bet your jeep could pull it at hwy speeds down the road if you wanted to.

check out this thread, there is some pretty heavy stuff ive pulled and other jeepers! http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/h...ulled-1039488/
I dont know. Getting going might not be so bad but stopping could be a problem. The boat weights in at 5500 lbs but the trailer does have surge brakes on it. I could see loosing the boat and jeep at the same time. Then what would I do for fun.
Unread 10-08-2010, 07:36 PM   #6
jeepin-gheenoe
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris_Kris View Post
I dont know. Getting going might not be so bad but stopping could be a problem. The boat weights in at 5500 lbs but the trailer does have surge brakes on it. I could see loosing the boat and jeep at the same time. Then what would I do for fun.
ive pulled a 24 foot ranger bay boat that weighs about the same, a little tough for long distance pulls. But from lake to lake it does pretty good.

but then again my jeep is a LJ and its recomended to pull 3500 pounds while yours is 2000. i dont understand how and extra 10 inches added on to the wheel base can do that.
[CENTER][COLOR="Navy"]2005 Wrangler LJ (patriot blue with matching body&fenders like a sahara), auto, D44 rear Limited Slip Diff, D30front open, 3.73, 1 1/2inch RC spacer lift, K&N CAI, 31/10.50 kelly safari tsr A/T's, custom grill guard, warn 3700 winch, 5" KC Apollo long range lights, 1500watt SSL amp pushing a 12 inch kicker CRV sub, Flowmaster 40seriers muffler with custom side exit crome tip and lots of CROME![/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Navy"]Have an LJ and need a hard top...clicky here![/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/lj-hardtop-rally-tops-1064476/[/url][/CENTER]
[CENTER][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/kddcc?feature=mhum"]http://www.youtube.com/user/kddcc?feature=mhum[/URL][/CENTER]

[QUOTE=AlexTJ;5424847]While we're at it lets sue the pants off 'em for ever considering using the dana 35![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=TJorange;10092084]Your Jeep is a real work horse man! Seems like ive seen at least one picture of it on every page of this forum.[/QUOTE]
Unread 11-11-2010, 10:51 PM   #7
DallastheJeeper

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepin-gheenoe View Post
ive pulled a 24 foot ranger bay boat that weighs about the same, a little tough for long distance pulls. But from lake to lake it does pretty good.

but then again my jeep is a LJ and its recomended to pull 3500 pounds while yours is 2000. i dont understand how and extra 10 inches added on to the wheel base can do that.
I believe the LJ has stiffer rear springs and the LJ has the D44 axle. I pull a 21' Santana 500 miles north and it pulls great.
|____________________/||__/----|
|(@)(@)"""""""""""|(@) (@)***|(@)

#5-06 Salvage Rebuild LJ
Metalcloak Bumper, Overline fenders and Corner guards.
3.5" Sus Lift
1'' Body lift and engine lift

#4-98 TJ Sahara RIP :(
#3-42 GPW Project. Currently on hold Sand blasted the body and it was held together by screen and bondo so new Tub needed
#2-88 Comanche Currently getting a frame off rebuild and a 4bt.
#1-1994 Power Wheels Wrangler
DallastheJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2010, 11:01 PM   #8
jeepin-gheenoe
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallastheJeeper View Post
I believe the LJ has stiffer rear springs and the LJ has the D44 axle. I pull a 21' Santana 500 miles north and it pulls great.
so if you have a TJ rubi, just put a 2inch coil spring lift and your good to go!

but i didnt even think about the better axle the LJs have....but what about the new JK's its the same deal...longer jeep=more towing capability.

Unread 11-11-2010, 11:17 PM   #9
DallastheJeeper

2006 LJ Wrangler 

O yeah the LJ has rear disc
|____________________/||__/----|
|(@)(@)"""""""""""|(@) (@)***|(@)

#5-06 Salvage Rebuild LJ
Metalcloak Bumper, Overline fenders and Corner guards.
3.5" Sus Lift
1'' Body lift and engine lift

#4-98 TJ Sahara RIP :(
#3-42 GPW Project. Currently on hold Sand blasted the body and it was held together by screen and bondo so new Tub needed
#2-88 Comanche Currently getting a frame off rebuild and a 4bt.
#1-1994 Power Wheels Wrangler
DallastheJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #10
joechrom

Tows this nautique just fine
joechrom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2012, 04:19 PM   #11
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Tongue weight looks a bit heavy - you're squatting pretty good.
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2012, 04:30 PM   #12
joechrom

No the trailer is uphill from the jeep
joechrom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.