Towing Fleetwood E2 with ATV - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > Towing Fleetwood E2 with ATV

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 09-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
furian01
2011 JK Wrangler 

Towing Fleetwood E2 with ATV

Does anyone know if there would be issues with this? I'm concerned of the weight of the ATV on the tongue. I have a 2011 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited.

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/rvs/4091975399.html

00l0l_gfne1osnf4r_600x450.jpg

furian01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #2
smccollamjr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Put the ATV on it and weigh the tongue, then look in the manual and see what your max tow weight is.
SOLD-'96 XJ, Build Thread: http://www.jeepinwv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=6523
smccollamjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 10:35 PM   #3
furian01
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smccollamjr View Post
Put the ATV on it and weigh the tongue, then look in the manual and see what your max tow weight is.
Well, can't very well do that before i buy it now, can I?!

My jeep has a 3500lb towing capacity, with a 500lb tongue weight I believe... Here are specs on trailer.

Dry Weight (lbs/kg) 2545 lbs
Payload Capacity (lbs/kgs) 1855 lbs
GVWR (lbs/kgs) 4400 lbs
Hitch Weight (lbs/kgs) 400 lbs

Just concerned with the ATV, as its about 700 lbs and wondering if anyone out there is doing this with no problems. I figure the Fleetwood Evolution E2 is common among those with jeeps because of its clearance.
Unread 09-26-2013, 11:01 PM   #4
Indy

Assuming the tongue weight for the jeep is 500, trailer dry is 400lbs, atv is 700. So 700+400 is 1100lbs. On the tongue hitched to a unibody, non framed vehicle. Then the trailer alone has a dry weight of 2545s, + atv 700 and without loading an extra pair of undies in the camper youre pretty much at the listed tow rating of the vehicle and close to max of what the trailer is designed for. And assuming your 3500lb limit is correct, youre not even tow equipped.

Doesnt seem like a great idea.
Unread 09-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #5
furian01
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Assuming the tongue weight for the jeep is 500, trailer dry is 400lbs, atv is 700. So 700+400 is 1100lbs. On the tongue hitched to a unibody, non framed vehicle. Then the trailer alone has a dry weight of 2545s, + atv 700 and without loading an extra pair of undies in the camper youre pretty much at the listed tow rating of the vehicle and close to max of what the trailer is designed for. And assuming your 3500lb limit is correct, youre not even tow equipped.

Doesnt seem like a great idea.
That seems to be the consensus, and what my research is showing.... guess its time to get a cheap truck or get rid of the Jeep!!

Thanks for the advice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.