Tow rig tires, skinny or wide? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > Tow rig tires, skinny or wide?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #61
XJNKY
1998 XJ Cherokee 

What "drug use" remark? If it's defamation to point out a negative stereotype of an area..., Detroit would be rolling in the lawsuit bucks.

Quote:
I'm a little bored this afternoon and I'm itching for a fight.
It would appear that is every afternoon...

You come in a thread, with no business being here, no helpful information, violating multiple forum rules about trolling, slander, and on-topic conversation, refuse to stop when asked (repeatedly), call every other poster an idiot because they know something you don't, pick fight after fight, use your entire list of childish insults, and then get mad when someone beats you at your childish name-calling game. And then you threaten me? You crack me up.
You go ahead, report that for the forum admins...

MPond, you ever seen him get this worked up before?

XJNKY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #62
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPond View Post
That's the thing Wilson - you are the troll here. It could be an interesting discussion if you could control contribute your ideas and quit the name-calling, but we both know that's not going to happen.

All of of your noise is entertaining, but it really is just that - noise. Like "No high school", "McDonalds", "Brokeback Mountain", "Physics Twins", and all of your bluster. Entertaining, but irrelevant.

My two favorites are:

1. Where you call me a Novice Internet User. If you only knew how little you actually know.

2. Your claim that you've built more racing and off road vehicles than XJNKY has ever ridden in. That one sounds just like your claim from last September when you said to me "I have probably towed with more vehicles of any kind than you and your father have owned combined, son". You have no idea what experience XJNKY has.

You don't have a clue, and your credibility is down to 0.
Pond, I don't care what you think of me. if you want a piece of this fight, keep it up. I'd be happy to include you too. It adds 5 minutes to my afternoon. Read up a little on jurisdiction for Internet defamation while I am getting my haircut. Then see if you want to get into this.
Unread 03-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #63
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
Pond, I don't care what you think of me. if you want a piece of this fight, keep it up. I'd be happy to include you too. It adds 5 minutes to my afternoon. Read up a little on jurisdiction for Internet defamation while I am getting my haircut. Then see if you want to get into this.
You've got nothing on me, you never did. Whereas you've made all kinds of personal attacks, I haven't. All I've done is quote your statements.

And I doubt you've got anything on XJNKY either.
Unread 03-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #64
XJNKY
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
You've got nothing on me, you never did. Whereas you've made all kids of personal attacks, I haven't. All I've done is quote your statements.

And I doubt you've got anything on XJNKY either.
Well, I did make a poor-taste joke about a region of his city that has a reputation for drug use and violence. I hardly think that's defamation of character. Pretty sure that requires some sort of false statement of fact, with details involving someone's actual identity, or business... or something tangible, other than some nameless avatar's unsubstantiated claims. All I did was say 20K square feet would be a large meth lab, which, technically, would be true. That would be a large meth lab.

I too wish he'd come in here with a different attitude. He had some interesting points, and they would have been interesting talking points in a different thread, and presented without all the insults and cryptic baiting. But he came in with the specific intent of trying to pick a fight, and then got upset when someone gave it back to him.
Unread 03-12-2013, 03:06 PM   #65
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Nothing like a trip to the barber shop to put a guy in a good mood. They now have a message chair to sit in while you wait. I'm putting you two out of my mind for the time being, as much as I would like for you to spend a few thousand dollars testing the rules on personal jurisdiction. I even let a person cut me off in traffic on the way back to the office. So have a nice evening.
Unread 03-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #66
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

So... XJNKY, when are you getting the KM2s? Interested in hearing your feedback.
Unread 03-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #67
XJNKY
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
So... XJNKY, when are you getting the KM2s? Interested in hearing your feedback.
Yeah, I think that detail got lost somewhere along the way during all of the... umm, discussion. It's kinda funny now after all the debate, but I don't even have the truck yet, and not sure if it's going through or not.

From page 1:
Quote:
I'm looking at trading one of my Jeeps to the father in law for a tow rig. His old 3/4 ton Chevy ('97 2500, 5.7 auto, hitch and 5th wheel). It's been parked for a few years (fuel pump, and broken window), so it needs a little TLC, but I only have $1K in the WJ I'd be trading him. So, I'm trying to figure out what it would cost me to get the 2500 up and running, and in shape to tow.
The longer version is that I bought a WJ last summer from a guy at work, who bought it from another guy at work, who's brother in law or some nonsense had blown up the 2nd 4.0 in it in 160K miles. So, it needed an engine. I passed it up twice, at $3,000, and then $1,500, but when he sold it to coworker B for $800, I eventually ended up getting it from coworker B for $600 a few months later when he realized the engine was worse than originally thought. I did the whole dance of realizing that the spare 4.0 I had from a 98 XJ didn't fit, and it's been sitting ever since. I found a 2000 WJ 4.0 a month ago for $400, so I'm a grand into a perfectly good WJ.

The end result is I am simultaneously trying to get the WJ engine transplanted, and get this 2500 up and running, except it's an hour from where I live and the only days I can go work on it are Sundays. The end result of course being to trade WJ for the truck to tow with.

So, no trade yet, and I still haven't gotten the 2500 to fire up (fuel delivery?). I'll try to remember to post a picture if It works out.

Little anti-climactic, wouldn't you say?
Unread 03-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #68
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJNKY View Post
Little anti-climactic, wouldn't you say?
LOL!

What can I say? All's well that ends?

Best of luck getting the WJ & Chevy 2500 up and running.
Unread 03-12-2013, 05:06 PM   #69
XJNKY
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.