Tow rig build up, 1986 GMC 1-ton dually - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > Tow rig build up, 1986 GMC 1-ton dually

SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoFord Explorer 8.8 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit C Clip ElimStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 11-30-2010, 08:25 PM   #76
egodfrey
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Just read through this from your link in your sig
Real shame man
but really insurance down 120 bucks a month it only will cost me 115 a month insurance for both my jeep and truck then again thats through usaa military insurance

Most of all thanks too Ian Johnson and the xtreme off-road crew for all their work, and 4 wheel to heal for their part in it too.
egodfrey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2010, 11:23 PM   #77
scrambled
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Just read this thru and that blows. That was a cool truck and I was hoping for a great build. I really hate people who can't drive. I am originally from your area (New Windsor) and I know it is crazy there. Good luck with the Jetta!
Unread 12-10-2010, 03:50 PM   #78
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks buddy, I'm still a little upset about it. It was fun to drive and comfortable. It was also nice having a true "beater" truck. I could use it like it was meant to be used and not worry about it.
Kenbo-Slice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2011, 09:59 PM   #79
Otahyoni

That truck brings back some memories.... sorry to see you lost it...

Here's one i had:

350SBC, TH400, D70HD, Camper Special, and 3+3 cab...

Motor was too small for that much truck, but it was fun while it lasted...
Otahyoni is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2011, 10:03 PM   #80
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

That thing is awesome! Those 4-doors are monsters indeed. I couldn't imagine a truck that size with a 350, it probably had 4.88's though. (At least I HOPE it did) haha.
Unread 01-07-2011, 10:08 PM   #81
Otahyoni

Nope... 4.10s. It was originally a 6.2L, but somewhere it was swapped out for the gasser.

I hated the 6mpg and the fact that it ate starters, but loved the rest of it... I'm hoping to get another crew duallie someday... I love those big trucks.

Things sounded good though. I put long tube headers on it and ran 2.5" duals out each side.
Otahyoni is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2011, 10:11 PM   #82
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Haha The 350 was probably better than the 6.2l They were hit or miss! Some ran great, others were rattle-trap diesels that were nothing but nightmares and horror.

I got about 6.5 pulling the Jeep and about 7 - 7.5 empty just driving around.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.