TJ Toter - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > TJ Toter

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #61
IEcrawlerTJ01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010
Once again, my compliments to the OP for his creativity and workmanship. A great exercise.

As an example only of what is out there to avoid the use of an obsolete junker truck, I wanted to post an example lest guys dreaming of their own toter project not start out with a dead rig like an International 7.3 non turbo U Haul.

Again only by example, this Isuzu has an asking price of $13,000, but the owner will take $9000. I have seen them regularly in the $6000 range (not with 94,000 miles on the clock like this one, but in great shape).

Here is what I would recommend to make the OP's project just perfect. This rig is a 2002 with 94000 on it, it said to be in great shape and recently serviced with new injectors. It will be a Duramax motor and Allison 6 speed automatic. It will have full air brakes and power everything. I have driven the Isuzu FTR and it is like sitting in the living room. A very quiet rig. And, here it is with a low deck height as well:
GTFO...

No body gives a rats *** what you ****in think!

Mods can you please just get this guy outta here. He just doesn't know when to stop and I like this thread and what Wilson is doin is straight up ridiculous

Nuff said...
IEcrawlerTJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #62
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

J_ByDesign - I've been following your thread for a while, and what you've done is very cool.

I was telling my wife about it this morning, and after showing her all the pictures she wanted me to tell you she really likes it.

Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 09-07-2013, 03:49 PM   #63
j_bydesign

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Gentlemen... Unfortunately wilson has an opinion. He has chooses this thread to express it. Good bad or otherwise... As for he lovely Izuzu... For $13K... When it is all said and done... My POS Toter will have cost me about $6k to $7K... Which includes the truck, with 25K miles on the motor... And all of the mods.

I will continue to up date on my progress... Water system going in next! Had to put a new ( thank you autozone ) starter in at no cost... Guess it may have gotten damp during last weekends adventures...

'04 TJ... '65 CJ5(sold :( )... 89' Int. Harvester Toter!
j_bydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #64
j_bydesign

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPond View Post
J_ByDesign - I've been following your thread for a while, and what you've done is very cool.

I was telling my wife about it this morning, and after showing her all the pictures she wanted me to tell you she really likes it.

Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Tell you wife thanks... Must say it is a bit easier having some of he comforts of home when your out wheeling for the ladies.

Unread 09-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #65
j_bydesign

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEcrawlerTJ01 View Post
GTFO...

No body gives a rats *** what you ****in think!

Mods can you please just get this guy outta here. He just doesn't know when to stop and I like this thread and what Wilson is doin is straight up ridiculous

I believe we have established that almost no one does... But we live in a free country!

Unread 09-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #66
j_bydesign

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaJr View Post
this thread sux.....

If your concerned about the disruption of individuals voicing heir opinions regardless of others... In the United States of America you are entitled to voice your opinions regardless of whether anyone is listening...

Hope the toter project is at least mildly entertaining

Unread 09-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #67
Truck633
GO ONE MORE!!

OP... AWESOME!!!!

Just came over to this thread to see what all the fuss was about..
I built telemetry vans for a few years, and I can say your workmanship is awesome, we did some of the same kind of work on box vans by insulating the walls and adding computer floors and EMI doors and windows.

I will watch your thread now for sure, and please don't be discouraged by some pissant that has zero idea of what you are doing!!

Awesome build!!

Up here - we go by results, when you preached, people slept. When he flew, people prayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
It's like dads new mistress. You hate her until you see her boobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana View Post
I bet the new bike riding monkey will pedal a lot faster!
Truck633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #68
SamPsychoWise
2006 TJ Wrangler 

j_bydesign Nice work! Looks like a fun project to do and use.

Last edited by FPKites; 09-07-2013 at 06:39 PM.. Reason: It's already handled - let sleeping dogs lie
SamPsychoWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 07:16 PM   #69
Burlbook48
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Love it! Very nice work.

Just an observation, but.... that metal box is gunna get real hot. The in-cab A/C is going to be overwhelmed by the wonderful passageway you made. Any plans to add a "door" or something to keep the cab and box air from mixing? Maybe a small RV air conditioner for the back when camping? Of course, you'll need a small Honda generator for the RV A/C, but then you can have the margarita blender too.
Unread 09-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #70
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlbook48 View Post
Love it! Very nice work.

Just an observation, but.... that metal box is gunna get real hot. The in-cab A/C is going to be overwhelmed by the wonderful passageway you made. Any plans to add a "door" or something to keep the cab and box air from mixing? Maybe a small RV air conditioner for the back when camping? Of course, you'll need a small Honda generator for the RV A/C, but then you can have the margarita blender too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_bydesign View Post
installed diamond plate treads to aid in getting in and out...

and AC over the entry from the garage...

Perhaps thsoe who are jumping in late in the build did not understand the basic idea... I do not want to sleep in a tent on the ground, I want AC and basic living... I am not running cross country... just banging around the state... otherwise I would have buoght a Class A diesel pusher... (which would get trashed at the first Mudfest) I wanted to be able to romp on my ride without having to beg for trailer space... if / when I broke something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #71
smccollamjr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

There's been a couple local guys build something similar. One guy used the exact same truck with a similar design. He used an RV roof top AC unit. Here's his build thread:

http://www.jeepinwv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28773

Another guy got a Ford cab and chassis and put a uhaul box on it. He liked the low deck on the uhaul and the cummins in the ford. Here's his thread:
http://arroc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1873

Awesome build, BTW.
SOLD-'96 XJ, Build Thread: http://www.jeepinwv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=6523
smccollamjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #72
j_bydesign

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Love it! Very nice work.

Window shaker over the door between the living area(insulated) and the garage... 7000BTU... So chills the RV side really well... I run a 6500KW genset... AC, frig, micro... And instant hot water(soon to be installed). I am going to put a curtain between the cab and the box... To help when I m running... Also added a roof vent back in the garage area to help keep that a little cooler

Unread 09-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #73
j_bydesign

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Love it! Very nice work.

O yes... The blender! One of the most important camping accessories !

Unread 09-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #74
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I like it. Been following this thread from the beginning. Nice work.

More Camping/campsite pics!
TJDaveX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #75
misterdent
Goin broke jeeping!

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Nice work! Love the pass through idea. Another great use of a retired rental. I used one ( an old budget rental isuzu) and made a flat bed out of it to haul a 16 foot trailer around. There are a multitude of uses for older commercial vehicles and a lot of them have been taken care of really well. really liked your use of FRP to line it with. subscribed sir!
misterdent is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.