Removing rust - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > Removing rust

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 09-16-2006, 05:55 PM   #1
aajvs99

Removing rust

The guy who owned my jeep before me had a trailer hitch put on but didnt use it much and now its all rusted and i cant get the ball in whats the best way to remove rust and how should i prevent it?

[url]http://avs.yfma.com/blog/[/url]
aajvs99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2006, 08:48 PM   #2
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

are you talking about sliding the receiver into the hitch you may want to try a wire brush or a dremel tool to get it out. Is the male end of the receiver the correct size. I purchased one before and it didn't have rounded edges and it didn't fit. I took a grinder to it and rounded the edges off. to keep it from coming back you can use rustoleum paint, POR15 or a frame coat paint.
My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
TJ Rear Dana 44 shaftsfor sale
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

JeepRocks86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2006, 05:52 PM   #3
JeepCreepn01
$ It's Only Money $

paint it all you want but you being in MI its gonna rust if you dont keep clean and painted, metal on metal will rub off the paint pretty much no matter what you do and the winter salt helps nothing
JeepCreepn01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.