Powr's TJ BackPack - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > Powr's TJ BackPack

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 05-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #1
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Powr's TJ BackPack

Picked up an old forestry service trailer today from a fellow JF-er. It looks pretty rough in pics, but it's not so bad. It's A LOT heavier than I expected them to be though. I'll have to put it on a diet during the resto-build. I'm going to take my time and figure out exactly what to do before I really start. Any ideas offered would be welcomed. I need to finish the jeep first.

Unread 05-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #2
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

As soon as I can figure out how to post pics on this particular thread, I will.
Unread 05-26-2013, 06:55 PM   #3
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I feel a new project to get my hands dirty on...
Unread 05-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #4
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Absolutely! Gonna have fun with this one! You're welcome to come by and give moral support and/or help!
Unread 05-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #5
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hurry up and figure out how to post pics.
Unread 05-26-2013, 08:00 PM   #6
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Can only post web pics! Dangit! Dunno what the deal is!
Unread 05-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #7
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Can only post web pics! Dangit! Dunno what the deal is!
Gotta save pics to an online site like Image Shack and then post links.
Unread 05-27-2013, 12:35 AM   #8
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, so my premature aging is rearing its ugly head here. try this link, it should provide today's pictures, without providing access to my account...I hope. lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96518858@N04/
Unread 05-27-2013, 01:12 AM   #9
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

So, I've been trying to find info on this trailer. It's obviously not an M-416, and was built by koenig iron works of houston texas. the company was sold in 1978, so the trailer predates that. There's NO info that I can find that even shows a trailer that looks like this one anywhere. Its kind of interesting the more I dig into it. I may have to get it all done, and get the original forestry decals for the sides and back for it. Would be cool, in a strange, purist kind of way. Would just look kinda weird on an orange trailer? they're available in brown and black too(decals)

So far, the plan has only progressed to painted orange to somewhat match my rig, and gas cans mounted in front of the wheels on both sides. More consideration and planning to come before even the first piece of sandpaper hits it. I am even thinking about just buying precut steel sheets and scratch-building my own using this one as a template, and then selling this one to cover the cost of the build. It would be WAY lighter than this one is. Its constructed out of 1/4 diamond plate. Its stout for sure, but I'm afraid I'll eat up my tow rating in just the trailer alone! more research is definitely needed. Cool little trailer nonetheless.
Unread 05-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #10
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

You posted pics in the other thread....

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #11
WahooCreek
2003 TJ Wrangler 

In all the trailers I've looked at, none have looked like the one you've got. When I got the pic to come up, I was expecting a spen or an old sear trailer.
WahooCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #12
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Right!? All I can find on it is that the manufacturer, Koenig, was based in Texas and was sold in 1978. The trailer was supposedly an old forestry service trailer that had been moved down from the mountains to near the southern border to protect it from a fire. It sat at the border for years, and the BP finally got the ok to sell it at auction.
Unread 05-30-2013, 08:32 PM   #13
aggiejon
1979 CJ7 

Koenig built custom work bodies and toolboxes. I have a old koenig toolbox on a ranch truck that is heavy duty.

Koenig merged with or was bought out by rawson to make Rawson-Koenig which is the name in heavy duty toolboxes and work bodies. The company is still around but sells its boxes as RKI. They would (and still will) custom build boxes and bodies for specific purposes. I have a small box that was specifically made for a Halliburton truck.

The company has a tradition of being the leader in quality, secure toolboxes. In my opinion and experience, there is only one toolbox that will stand up to work. In fact, i have replaced all my toolboxes on my trucks and trailers with rk's. Still made in Houston Tx.
aggiejon is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.