Post your Jeep Trailers/Offroad Trailer pics here! - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > Post your Jeep Trailers/Offroad Trailer pics here!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-07-2010, 10:14 PM   #91
rroadkilll
1997 TJ Wrangler 

This is my trailer that I may try and build up!!!

With in 24 hours it was lifted and bigger tires... with in a week it hauled my motor and a ton of other stuff to NC when I moved there!!!

I can't wait to tear it up in the mall parking lot with you some day Jay... we could park on each other's tires all flexed out taking up 4 parking spots, walk in the mall with our jeep keys dangling for everyone to see, hit up some abercrombie and fitch, then go back outside and hang out by the jeeps for a few hours... maybe get risky and drive over some curbs.. :highfive:
rroadkilll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 08:31 PM   #92
incagoldrubi

my m101 cdn 35 tire no lift
incagoldrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2010, 06:25 PM   #93
Dangermouse
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I bought this trailer from a member of the local club and had it painted to prevent it from rusting.When the budget permits I will be making some small changes that will work for me like installing a toolbox in the front and maybe some jerry can mounts. When I get my half doors painted to match the Jeep I will also have the trailer painted to match the Jeep. Finally room to pack my camping equipment!!!!!!

Dangermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 05:51 PM   #94
SquirrelPig
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampman View Post

Tell me about this tent! Is that top piece part of the tent or another one on top? How did you secure them? I like this set up and would love to know the details.

Thanks
SquirrelPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 05:56 PM   #95
SquirrelPig
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon View Post
Thanks,
I made the coupler when I built the trailer.
How did you make the one that swivels 360 degrees? The piece with the round bar coming out is what's I'm having trouble figuring out.

Thanks
Unread 09-21-2010, 07:40 PM   #96
swampman
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelPig View Post
Tell me about this tent! Is that top piece part of the tent or another one on top? How did you secure them? I like this set up and would love to know the details.

Thanks
wel im not sure i really understand the question but , i will tell you what i know,,

the tent is a serengeti trailer tent from myway tents in south africa, imported by fernado at camping labs if you go to the myway site they have several versions and are not quite the same as the models they export ,but are very close , there are some subtle differances,

the tent i have like i said is the trailer tent, it is one big *** tent designed to sit on top of a trailer 56'' to 59'' inces off the ground, the tent has a queen sized mattress up top and i leave the bedding in there when folded up for travel, there is an aluminium ladder to climb up which stores on top of the bed as well,
the ground room is 7'x7' and has a poly floor that reaches up about 6'' to keep out the dirt and rain , 2 doors one eah side and the entire fron wall can be unzipped to open things up in the nice weather, the african model also has a bug screen that is not available for export, but it would not be hard to install one later, this is definatley on my to do list, the tarp that covers the tent is 2 pieces zipped and velcroed , and can be set in a couple of configurations, depending upon your needs or space, as you see i am mostly camped in heavy bush/forest and some places we go space is tight,

the quality of this unit is second to none and i cannot say enough about fernando and campimg labs , his service was excellent !!!

the price 3,000 plus shipping duties taxes, bla bla bla,
worth every penny, this is the last tent i will ever have to buy

set up is easy after you have done it a couple of times , the girlfriend and i can set it , in the dark in about 10 mins, unzip the ruberized/vinyl storage bag ,one big pull opens up the tent, stake out the tarp , put up the ladder and your done,

this is a big tent, sleeps 2 up top and i can putn 3 or 4 kids in the ground room , but when its just the 2 of us we set a table and chairs inside , mostly for when its raining or the bugs get unbearable,

as a base camp it is perfect,
i will look thru the tread again and see what pics i have already posted and see if i can find a couple of better ones for you
swampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 08:02 PM   #97
swampman
1995 XJ Cherokee 

here's a couple for ya , poser shots.

this one has the fly swapped around the other way

my original build thread was on ih8mud but there is a condensed version on naxja, M101A to off road camper - NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association most peeps were interested in the lid and i have given out my drawings to 30 or 40 guys now and several have built it or had it built for them,

my trailer will be getting a major overhaull this winter as i bought a 2010 rubicon and just sold my xj yesterday, unfortunately,, they dont match
swampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2010, 08:24 AM   #98
SquirrelPig
1996 ZJ 

I realize my rambling on made little sense. Thanks for the details! Very nice tent.
Nice looking JK too...but yea, the trailer needs some matching paint.
Unread 09-26-2010, 10:17 AM   #99
Greg_Volkman
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Here is my 1965 Stevens M-416.

I've wanted to say that for about 12 years now
This trailer spent many years in Idaho, then was purchased in 1985 by the man I just bought it from, in Paradise, CA. Both places are extremely dry. The rust is ONLY on the surface.

This thing is in near perfect condition. It has the pintle (under a bolt-on ball mount), the kick-stand, the trailer brake, and fuel can mounts on both sides and the original data plate. You can see that there are no dents at all. The bearings are new and have just been packed. The tires are new General Grabbers. I am so stoked.

Here are the pics he e-mailed me. It's now sitting in my garage, so I Will snap some pics soon. I am kicking around the idea of sandblasting it and painting it to match my TJ with bedliner inside.

Greg_Volkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2010, 01:42 AM   #100
Elitejeeper
1999 XJ Cherokee 

It's not much, but it works for me

Elitejeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2010, 08:36 AM   #101
DBJTJ

Hello all Im new here and thought I would post up some picks of my trailer ive been working on. Its and old 47' bantam that I ran accross last year. I did a spring over on it. Stripped most of it down top and bottom to metal and sealed the bottom and t=inside of tub with rattle can bed liner, outside I did with cheap walmart paint for now until I deside what colors to go with. Mounted a couple rancho 9000 shocks( much needed ) and some 31x12.5 bfg at's 33' tires on it in photo's. This thing just got back from a hunting trip with me and one of my boys, we logged 350+ dirt road mile up in northern nevada and it did great. Just thought I would share.

DBJTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 06:22 PM   #102
jmiera
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGillz View Post
Mine is almost ready for powdercoat. Will post up behind the Jeep w/in a couple weeks I hope.
can you put up pics of the axle ? i have a trailer that i want to convert to a trail trailer and it has small axles..just to get an idea...thanks
jmiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 06:33 PM   #103
jmiera
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97TJGUZZY View Post

a switchback on the trails

I need to get a closeup of our 3axis hitch, it was super simple to make and it works great.

we were running about 10 psi or so in the tires and we did manage to blow a bead with a 35x12.5x15 on an 8" rim...so i guess we wont go that low again...
Quick question...Why would you lower the psi on the trailer tires? They are not grippin anything. Its just being pulled.
Unread 12-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #104
jmiera
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampman View Post
heres mine, sorry i gotta crappy camera

THATS FRIGGIN AWESOME !...Did you build it? More pics please of the tent area in and out ...
Unread 12-09-2010, 01:00 AM   #105
_Yeti_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiera View Post
Quick question...Why would you lower the psi on the trailer tires? They are not grippin anything. Its just being pulled.
I'm guessing to minimize the bouncing of the trailer.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.