Post your Jeep Trailers/Offroad Trailer pics here! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > Post your Jeep Trailers/Offroad Trailer pics here!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 11-28-2009, 05:23 PM   #46
97TJGUZZY
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ View Post
Guzzy can you do me a huge favor and dive me the dimensions for the overall width of your frame as well as the overall width and length of the outer tub itself.

I found a small utility trailer that I might be and use as the base for my build.

Thanks in advance and I love your trailer
the frame is 3'x4' and i'll have to go out to the garage to measure the tub.

Unread 11-28-2009, 05:34 PM   #47
97TJGUZZY
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ View Post
Guzzy can you do me a huge favor and dive me the dimensions for the overall width of your frame as well as the overall width and length of the outer tub itself.

I found a small utility trailer that I might be and use as the base for my build.

Thanks in advance and I love your trailer

these kindof give an idea of the size of the frame, to be honest the frame was the easiest part.

Unread 11-28-2009, 08:58 PM   #48
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I found a small 4x4 foot trailer that I thought might work for a tub trailer. Do you think this would work? Its pretty cheap and already has axle/frame/wires/hitch etc.
EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #49
97TJGUZZY
1997 TJ Wrangler 

problem is, thats going to be wider than the bottom of the tub inside, so you'll have to narrow it some.

you can see how in this picture, the edge of the frame is even with the edge of the inner tub... that width is 3', if you notice our frame is no wider than the tailgate:

Unread 12-06-2009, 10:10 AM   #50
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the help Guzzy!
Unread 12-06-2009, 10:18 AM   #51
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Alrighty fellas I am trying to look close but I cant really tell.

I was wondering if you guys have an actual receiver from Hidden Hitch or Reese, or do you just tow with your rear bumper? Is there a rear bumper with tire swing that yall would recommend for towing? How much can you tow safely with the bumper?
Unread 01-03-2010, 09:16 PM   #52
orangez
2003 TJ Wrangler 

i started with this....

and now i am at this point but have a long ways to go....

i am a meter reader and ran across this in a customers yard and he gave it to me. ive got about $200 in it. its nicknamed "the urinal" by my club. Ive used it on clean-up rides and camping trips (hauling gear). i have plans for it but dont know if any of them will ever pan out. it also gets used on vacations wit luggage hauling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonethelunkerl View Post
now all i need to do is learn how to work on my own stuff, that is prolly 5-10 years down the road though
orangez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2010, 09:46 PM   #53
GREASEMONKEY
2003 TJ Wrangler 

What is that? I want one!
My Ammo Can Console
------------------------------------------------------
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
GREASEMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2010, 10:39 PM   #54
97TJGUZZY
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangez View Post
i started with this....

and now i am at this point but have a long ways to go....

i am a meter reader and ran across this in a customers yard and he gave it to me. ive got about $200 in it. its nicknamed "the urinal" by my club. Ive used it on clean-up rides and camping trips (hauling gear). i have plans for it but dont know if any of them will ever pan out. it also gets used on vacations wit luggage hauling.

do you have any idea what it used to be?
Unread 01-04-2010, 03:46 PM   #55
orangez
2003 TJ Wrangler 

it was real 70's looking and very rusty (frame) when i got it. it was called Li'l Pup and had a pic of a cartoon dog on it. its bigger than a motorcycle trailer. i assume it was for hauling luggage or something. i need to get some hinges fabbed up for the top to open and close. a guy quoted me about $150 worth of labor and $20 for materials but i just cant justify that so its topless as of now. i had a guy at work rebuild the front of the frame and then i herculined it. then i sanded and painted it inside and out and put new wheels and tires on it. i also added LED taillight and side marker lights. i have been wanting to make a top out of 3/4" plywood that kinda folds up for storage and traveling but folds out flat to put a small cot tent on. i also have some tubing to make a wider axle to where the wheels mount outside the tub to make it a little more stable offroad. i have some 15" soft 8's to go on when i do that and thought about going to 31's so i would have some spares but i dont think i would need 3 spares on a trip. "The Urinal" comes from someone saying it was a bathtub and that was followed by "its too small to be a bathtub, its a urinal". NO it does not say the urinal on it. just photoshopped. i think about selling it sometimes to get an old military trailer so i can haul more stuff. our last trip i hauled camping gear, coolers, my halfdoors with the tops, and 10 gallons of clean water. its made numerous trips to the beach with luggage and stuff in it. here recently i added some large drains in the bottom because there was talk of turning it into a large beertub at camping trip. funniest thing was a guy riding in it through a twisty section of a trail. funny, because its got the stiffest leafsprings you have ever seen. following pics are: after initial cleanup, taillight mockup, and a clean-up ride in Pensacola.

Quote:
now all i need to do is learn how to work on my own stuff, that is prolly 5-10 years down the road though
Unread 01-04-2010, 05:51 PM   #56
VIJeeper
2007 JK Wrangler 

I think the Lil Pups were a fold out "tent" trailer for small cars and motorcycles. Similar to the Leesurelite ones...I may be wrong but the name rang a bell when I saw it.

Should be a great little rig for towing around!
Unread 01-07-2010, 05:30 PM   #57
orangez
2003 TJ Wrangler 

i dont think it was ever a tent trailer. the guy i got from got it from his brother, who bought it brand new and used it for luggage.

Quote:
Unread 01-08-2010, 02:53 PM   #58
Air Sierra
2007 JK Wrangler 

Looks nice..

Unread 01-09-2010, 09:32 PM   #59
orangez
2003 TJ Wrangler 

MAN i love that silver one!

Quote:
Unread 01-26-2010, 09:31 AM   #60
aRedRocker
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I had one of these twenty years ago and sold it, found another one a while back.
The graphics faded out on mine, but it's in great shape for it's age.

aRedRocker is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.