Need help with Misfire diagnostics - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > Need help with Misfire diagnostics

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 03-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
Mopar440

Need help with Misfire diagnostics

Hey everyone, My tow rig ( 99 Dodge Ram 2500, 5.9L, V8 Magnum ) has been having misfire problems for a while now and I have yet to track down the elusive troublemaker.

New:

Coil >>
Plugs >>
Wires >> All ACCEL High Performance
Cap >>
Rotor >>

TPS
MAP
IAC

few more just cant think right now lol

Heres the thing. Idle is perfect, acceleration is perfect. When I'm just using light steady pressure on the stupid pedal ( like cruising and such ) it surges slightly, backfires. goes away if let off or stomp on it. Also when normal driving right after it shifts (auto) it pops, backfires and it pops, backfires when you let off the pedal.

Put on a scanner and Cyl 1,8 Misfire.

Cant find any vacuum leaks, putting a Timing Light on it Tomorrow.

I'm in need of more brains to find the problem. Any Ideas?

Mopar440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #2
Mopar440

Bump for ideas
Unread 03-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
Mopar440

Well it seems that I must be lost or something because i just dont see how I can put the timing light on her from the top center. only way would be from either the side or underneath. anyone know anything about checking the timing on these trucks?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.