My Solidworks Trailer Build - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > My Solidworks Trailer Build

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 03-20-2010, 10:29 PM   #31
Libtekguy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Nope, no money to start this project yet. (Could be a while).

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland: 2" BB. 31.5" BFGoodrich All Terrains

I am looking to get a set of RE 5.5" front coils. I'll trade my 4.5" or pay (not too much though) for them. Send me a PM.
Libtekguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2010, 11:20 PM   #32
inkpen00
1999 TJ Wrangler 

any update on the trailer? I am interested on how this turns out!!!!!

[url]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=505526259[/url]
[url]http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2123309[/url]
inkpen00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2010, 11:39 PM   #33
Libtekguy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkpen00 View Post
any update on the trailer? I am interested on how this turns out!!!!!
I've actually been hunting for totaled TJs and YJs. I'm going to try to make a trailer out of the back half of one. I actually think that it will be easier, cooler and cheaper.

Even a cheap '97 TJ would be fine. I could keep the half doors and repaint them to match my Jeep. If they are full doors, I'll just sell those. Sell the hard top or soft top. Sell the engine, tranny, and t-case. Basically part-out the whole thing but the tub (sell the front fenders and hood). I think selling all of those parts could almost completely offset the cost of the TJ.

I'm currently mocking up my plans on Solidworks. I'll post another thread when it's more presentable.

For now, this thread can just serve as inspiration to others.

I am looking to get a set of RE 5.5" front coils. I'll trade my 4.5" or pay (not too much though) for them. Send me a PM.
Unread 06-14-2010, 12:20 AM   #34
inkpen00
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libtekguy View Post
I've actually been hunting for totaled TJs and YJs. I'm going to try to make a trailer out of the back half of one. I actually think that it will be easier, cooler and cheaper.

Even a cheap '97 TJ would be fine. I could keep the half doors and repaint them to match my Jeep. If they are full doors, I'll just sell those. Sell the hard top or soft top. Sell the engine, tranny, and t-case. Basically part-out the whole thing but the tub (sell the front fenders and hood). I think selling all of those parts could almost completely offset the cost of the TJ.

I'm currently mocking up my plans on Solidworks. I'll post another thread when it's more presentable.

For now, this thread can just serve as inspiration to others.
well if you find a Jeep like your wanting and you are trying to sell the I-6 and the tranny let me know!! I have a 4cylinder right now but I am wanting the up grade.

[url]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=505526259[/url]
[url]http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2123309[/url]
inkpen00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2010, 08:38 PM   #35
plym49
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Your original design was great. Good ideas and very good looking. Would involve a lot of fabrication as everything is custom. Nevertheless, truly distinctive. Nice job.
plym49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2011, 11:05 AM   #36
yeepman2
1978 CJ5 

I was thinking of building something very much like what you have designed. I'm wondering if you would be interested in selling a copy of the model. I have solidworks and the slills and equipment to build it. Is it a working model with real numbers?

Mike
yeepman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2011, 06:01 PM   #37
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I can't believe I missed this thread. What an awesome trailer.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 09:51 PM   #38
Libtekguy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Sent pm

Unread 03-02-2011, 09:10 AM   #39
derfballs
1986 CJ7 

I also have a solidworks seat and was looking to do something like this... Could you pm me as well with a price for buying the model off of you? That is if you are still interested in sharing it.
derfballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 08:04 PM   #40
MakeyourlucK
2005 LJ Wrangler 

dude, this looks AWSOME!!!! and furthermore its just the motovation that i needed to start a trailor project. VERY COOL
MakeyourlucK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #41
Jeepdork

This red trailer

I LOVE this thing too! I am going this weekend to pickup my 37" BFG AT's for my build. I am going to do my best to build this trailer with a few changes. I am going to build it with an inside width of the box at 46" the same as a ford ranger stepside. This way I can use a roll up hard tonneau cover. I really like the boxes on the side and figure these are going to be the biggest pain in the butt to build. On the front I am going to have my spare tire mounted but will probably still include the battery just put it into one of the side boxes. This will be the same width as my JK with the same size tires. Wish me luck this will either be really cool or a really expensive project I screw up!
Jeepdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 08:13 AM   #42
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

You need to download my jeep I did back a year or two ago. You can modify it and then attach the trailer. I think it would look sweet!

Download link:
http://www.3dcontentcentral.com/down...=171&id=167038
VamosJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2011, 10:05 AM   #43
Jeepdork

I love this trailer so I am building something close.

I really like the idea of this trailer and wanted something to pull behind my JK. I made mine with the box 4ft X 7ft. I wanted the side boxes long enough to put a fishing pole in full assembled. I also wanted to be able to sleep in it without the tent. It can also now haul a motorcycle. I am using the same size tires as my Jeep 37". It's about half way done. I am learning that there is a ton of work for one of these. Crazy amount of work. This is my 3rd real welding project so it's a learning process. A buying process too as I need new tools all the time to do diferent things. Ok so now I don't know how to post pictures???
Unread 07-08-2011, 10:16 AM   #44
Moose340
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Wanna make me one?
Moose340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2011, 09:47 PM   #45
Jeepdork

Anybody let me know how to post pics or post them for me I'll show where I am at on this.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.