My M416 Build - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > My M416 Build

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-26-2010, 09:01 PM   #31
swampman
1995 XJ Cherokee 

the trailer will be getting a complete rebuild over the winter months, i sold my xj (sniff,sniff) and bought me a 2010 4 door rubi, ansd now its the wrong colour, the plan is to sand blast everything, frame, fenders and inside will get the bedliner treatment, the tub will be painted mango tango, , the lid will be black , all tie downs and brackets and stuff will be powdercoated black,

swampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2010, 03:07 PM   #32
plym49
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampman View Post
oh yeah !! i kept the pintle for sure,, dont believe what you hear about them, mine rarely makes any noise at all , only when off road, and then the jeep is noisey anyway,, you wouldnt hear it ,, some peeps are replacing the pintle with some real nice and expensive articulating hitches, , there are several brands on the market and i have seen too many fail !! i have never personally heard of a pintle hitch failing,, pics from the front ,looking back howz this

That's it! Perfect, thanks.

You really did capture the look exactly with that setup.

I was on the fence regarding pintles; I think you have convinced me.
plym49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2010, 07:58 PM   #33
swampman
1995 XJ Cherokee 

i find the thing with the pintle is the balance of the trailer , get it right and you wont hear it, if the balance is off its gonna clunk
swampman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.