My little M416 - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > My little M416

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 06-08-2011, 07:38 PM   #61
hesterj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Got the lights wired up,painted and put in place today. It is dark so not able to post up a pic but will get one up ASAP. Working on the back up lights next.

The trailer came with a cut out on the passengers side for a reverse light (I think that's what it is!). Since the eBay score came with a extra one, I am going to cut a hole in the drivers side and run a line so they will shine when put in reverse. Or...like the KC reverse lights on the roof rack..they can be turned on with a toggle.

Think I might head to the barn tonight and work on that thought since the gang is all doing other stuff tonight.

FIX IT TILL it's broke
hesterj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2011, 07:50 PM   #62
hesterj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAT72991 View Post
Idk how i missed the update from when the bumper pic was posted but i think it looks awesome
Thanks...I kind of talked myself into it while I was board. Had all the stuff sitting around the barn and don't have a dime in it.going to run with it on the trailer till stage 2 gets going then i will make up my mind to improve on it or liquid wrench it right to the scrap pile.

The main reason for the the bumper was just to get more practice welding before attempting the lid build. ( I suck at welding. Only tried it these few times)

Anyways.. Thanks again for the kind words on a cheap attempt.

FIX IT TILL it's broke
Unread 06-09-2011, 06:14 AM   #63
GAT72991
1989 YJ Wrangler 

True, i'm not the best welder but i have a welding course this summer as part of my A&P program, so i'm going to try to take a lot from that...i'm still looking for a trailer myself, i've had a few good leads but nothing so far. Gonna keep searchin the junkyards! lol
GAT72991 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2011, 03:52 PM   #64
hesterj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAT72991 View Post
True, i'm not the best welder but i have a welding course this summer as part of my A&P program, so i'm going to try to take a lot from that...i'm still looking for a trailer myself, i've had a few good leads but nothing so far. Gonna keep searchin the junkyards! lol
I will keep and eye out for you around here as well

FIX IT TILL it's broke
Unread 06-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #65
hesterj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

A little off topic but here is a new mod hanging off the roof rack.
jeep-trailer_1024.jpg  

FIX IT TILL it's broke
Unread 06-15-2011, 02:02 AM   #66
gixxerphil
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I don't know if you've figured out what you are going to do about the wheels, but you can get a custom axle from http://abctrailerparts.com/
I am going to get one for my M416 when I get to that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
can you get a good pic of your muff set up ?
gixxerphil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2011, 10:51 AM   #67
hesterj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerphil View Post
I don't know if you've figured out what you are going to do about the wheels, but you can get a custom axle from http://abctrailerparts.com/
I am going to get one for my M416 when I get to that point.
I have a idea floating around in my head but don't know if it is going to pan out.My boss won a auction bid on a Explorer with the 8.8 and 3.55 gears. He got it for the interior and is going to scrap out the rest. I'm working a deal with him to go pick up the Ford in exchange for the complete rear end assy.

If the deal goes thru then my trailer will be getting the D35 currently in my Jeep to make way for the 8.8 swap.

Let me know the details of your axle swap if you get a chance

FIX IT TILL it's broke
Unread 07-24-2011, 04:18 PM   #68
hesterj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

A little update about the 8.8 axle.... I get to the explorer only to find out it's a 2005!

Augh!!!! The yard seemed to have a type-o on the year. This one has no solid rear axle. Oh well ... Some won,some lost. Had a good mini trip away from the shop and helped my boss out so no worries.

This leaves me with no axle plans at the moment. I did get a new set of matching wheels and tires for the trailer. We took the time and cleaned them up to shoot some black paint on the rims. ( it took forever for my buddy and me to sand and paint 7 rims)

THANKS CHUMLEE!!!

FIX IT TILL it's broke
Unread 07-25-2011, 02:27 AM   #69
TedderX_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I am extremely jealous of the matching paint job. Your Jeep Trailer looks great!

Oh Crap! Handle- Standard Equipment

Quote:
"If you need a knife to open your knife, you've bought the wrong knife". -Tedder
TedderX_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2011, 05:10 AM   #70
98GP
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I like the build.
Trailers are fun and make the jeep extremely handy.
98GP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #71
hesterj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks TedderX and 98GP.

Always glad to hear someone else likes the look of my heap.Need to keep going and start on phase 2 of the build but will wait till cooler days.The gauge shows 101 in the shade outside (and its only 12:33). It will push into the 120's here in the shop by 3pm.

Sure could use some rain

FIX IT TILL it's broke
Unread 08-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #72
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Looks great, really like the colour match on the tub. I am doing the same with mine. I like the lid idea, I just found a local fabricator that will work with me on this...now it is just how much $?

Following this one...may "borrow" an idea or two.
Greg

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 06:00 PM   #73
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Hey, watching paint dry is my life! Thanks for the kind words and very nice job there! See ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesterj View Post
On to the bed liner.Got the monstaliner in the other day.Those guys are first class customer service all the way.glad to be able to buy from a JF vendor and can not say enough good about this product.If they say it...they do it.That's what holds water with me.

Anyway.. here is the link
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/i...d-line-875162/

Prep work was super easy for me since the sandblasting took care of the rust and loose stuff.Went ahead and followed per the instructions
sanded all areas down with the provided pad.cleaned it all up with MEK (found it at local Sherwin Williams) then applied 2 coats of the liner.Ordered the 1 gallon kit off the web site but it did not need that much.No big deal cause it was fun rolling it on.Put it on as thick as it would allow me to between coats.
Those boys made it so you can roll it on with one hand.This keeps the other one free to hold the beer.

Thats about it on the . It really is that easy to do.My best advise is to start your first coat mid morning because you are going to need about 3 hours in between coats to set up a little.Remember the clock is ticking with the stuff mixed in the can (12 hour life i think is what they said).This way you can go do some stuff and eat a bite of lunch before the next coat is ready to be applied.I started after I got done in the shop after work
(6:30pm) so it was kinda a bummer watching paint dry till 9pm on a work night while it tacked up. Shiner kept me in good company so no worries.
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 06:04 PM   #74
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Hey, watching paint dry is my life! Thanks for the kind words and very nice job there! See ya
ha ha... I was a Journeyman Commercial Painter for 15 years, I know how you feel! Still need to get my order in for Monsta Liner to you (check your PM).

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #75
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB_00XJ View Post
ha ha... I was a Journeyman Commercial Painter for 15 years, I know how you feel! Still need to get my order in for Monsta Liner to you (check your PM).

Cool, any interesting projects?
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.