My little M416 - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > My little M416

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 05-13-2011, 12:04 PM   #46
hesterj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just got back from a place that deals in aircraft parts for the military.
In a desperate attempt to find a second tail light,I went on a field trip to ask a friend of a friend who might know a guy's brother....you get the idea. Also looking for a drop luniate(?) for the trailer so she will sit level behind the Jeep.

Do any of ya'll have a extra spare or know of a place to buy one??

hesterj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2011, 01:16 PM   #47
jawalterusmc
2003 TJ Wrangler 

What kind of tail lights you looking for...original M416 tail lights? I removed both of mine and replaced them with a 4 pin trailer wiring harness and used TJ tail lights. I can send pics if you send me your email address. You can also check this website "G503.com" and go to their forum and scroll down to "towed accessories; 1/4 ton trailers" for discussions about nothing but M100 and M416 trailers. You will find all kinds of parts for sale there. I will sell you both of my old tail lights and old wiring harness if you want them for $50 plus shipping.
Unread 05-17-2011, 08:22 AM   #48
hesterj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Found out that the trailer looks like it's going for a nose dive when hitched up to the Jeep.

The general idea was just to move the pintle's ring to the upper position.Looked like it might be a "close enough" deal. No go on that! Even after the hitch was moved up,we still had a long way to go. (glad I changed my mind on the spring over axle now!)

It was close enough on the clock for a blue-hair lunch so off to the local TSC we go.As luck would have it they had a few trailer things on sale.One of them was a drop down trailer hitch.That gave me the idea to make it extend the other way and just use a 2"tube on top of it.That way I can use the pintle hitch I picked up at a local estate auction last week.

Took it all down to the barn last night at had my brother weld it up for me.Slapped some paint on it just to find out it hits the bottom of the spare when in the full up position. So with my best friend the cutting torch..done and done.
jeep-trailer-129_1024.jpg   jeep-trailer-130_1024.jpg   jeep-trailer-131_1024.jpg   jeep-trailer-134_1024.jpg   jeep-trailer-135_1024.jpg  

Unread 05-17-2011, 09:05 AM   #49
hesterj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

So here is the almost complete correction to the nose-bleed concern.Before and after

The only thing needed to finish that is a few D rings welded to the side of the slide in to attach the safty chains.
jeep-trailer-102_1024.jpg   jeep-trailer-137_1024.jpg   jeep-trailer-138_1024.jpg  
Unread 05-20-2011, 11:03 AM   #50
hesterj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Won a ebay auction today for a set of tail lights.yeah me! lol
Can not wait to get a hold of em'
kgrhqqokiie3dzvzs2ibn00pdu8u-_12.jpg  
Unread 05-20-2011, 11:24 AM   #51
hesterj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Also called and ordered a set of BF KO'S for the trailer (to match the TJ's). I really dont know what to do with the hub situation.Thinking about just tossing out the old axle for one I found at tractor supply.It will fit under the trailer perfect but will loose the trailer brake set up
Unread 05-20-2011, 11:43 AM   #52
Boreal
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

A lot of the 416 guys will toss the old axle and pick up a new one from Dexter. You can get it with the TJ bolt pattern as well as electric brakes. I'm not sure what they run, but I'm about to look into it myself since I just picked up a 416
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2011, 07:04 PM   #53
Greg_Volkman
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesterj View Post
Won a ebay auction today for a set of tail lights.yeah me! lol
Can not wait to get a hold of em'
nice! mind me asking how much you paid? I have the same set and I am debating whether to sell them or rebuild them. Can't get the darn covers off though.
Greg_Volkman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2011, 11:40 AM   #54
hesterj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_Volkman View Post
nice! mind me asking how much you paid? I have the same set and I am debating whether to sell them or rebuild them. Can't get the darn covers off though.
85.00 after buy it now and shipping costs.
I keep telling myself it's only money and they print more of it every day.
Unread 05-22-2011, 11:45 AM   #55
hesterj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
A lot of the 416 guys will toss the old axle and pick up a new one from Dexter. You can get it with the TJ bolt pattern as well as electric brakes. I'm not sure what they run, but I'm about to look into it myself since I just picked up a 416
Had a dream last night that I replaced my TJ's rear axle with a 8.8. Then the old jeep axle was put under the trailer. Not a bad idea if it will work.
Does anyone have a spare 8.8 axle so I can do this swap?

......and congrats on the new trailer! Show her off to me with a pic or 2 or 3 or....
Unread 05-31-2011, 12:59 PM   #56
hesterj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Before I burn this on...does this attempt at a bumper look like total crap?
jeep-trailer-141_1024.jpg  

FIX IT TILL it's broke
Unread 05-31-2011, 09:57 PM   #57
ajf1994
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I don't think so... Just box the ends of the angle maybe?
[URL="http://stu-offroad.com/support.htm"][COLOR="Blue"]I Supported Stu![/COLOR][/URL][/B]
High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=XJ-Tim;12621151][SIZE="1"]my welds look like popcorn with sprinkles.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Benjamin Franklin][SIZE="1"]Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
ajf1994 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2011, 02:46 PM   #58
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Man I need to find a m416 they are just too expensive around here and the m100s are too rusty to buy.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2011, 09:29 PM   #59
Boreal
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Keep your eye out. Drive around town or even better some of the rural areas by your house. I was looking for one for months and now all the sudden I have 1 in my garage, and 2 more that will be there shortly for not much $$$.
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2011, 05:39 AM   #60
GAT72991
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Idk how i missed the update from when the bumper pic was posted but i think it looks awesome
GAT72991 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.