My little M416 - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > My little M416

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 10-22-2012, 10:41 AM   #166
hesterj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

FIX IT TILL it's broke
hesterj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #167
hkngoutdrs
2013 JK Wrangler 

hesterj, clear out some private messages. I'm trying to send you one but your box is full.
hkngoutdrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #168
hesterj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkngoutdrs View Post
hesterj, clear out some private messages. I'm trying to send you one but your box is full.
Done and done.
I was out of touch with the world the last couple of weeks.

FIX IT TILL it's broke
Unread 01-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #169
BOISERUNNER
1979 CJ7 

update??
BOISERUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #170
hesterj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I wished!!

A few details have been done since the last update,but none worth posting. Managed to tidy up the wire harness in preparation for some new items

The real hold up is figuring out the lift for the tent frame. It need to be higher off the lid so a lower tent room can work. Got an idea but just need a little more time to work out the details.
Not going with the same old idea as the 4 posts straight up. This one will require hydraulic fluid.

FIX IT TILL it's broke
Unread 01-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #171
Jeeper4life88
1997 TJ Wrangler 

cool little trailer, I would love to come across one around here..

2004 Jeep Liberty- BFG A/T's and some skid's and tow hooks, otherwise pretty much stock.
Jeeper4life88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #172
Airborne Lee
2013 JK Wrangler 

3 Previous Jeeps - 01 WJ Ltd, QD & UC - 01 WJ Ltd, QT II - 98 XJ Ltd
Airborne Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #173
hesterj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

No updates yet. My little trailer has been sitting at the house untouched for the last few months. Time would not permit me to get a lot of things worked out before a few hunts came around. I really wanted to bring it with the jeep here to Mexico. Brought my other trailer (built a few years ago to sleep 6-8).

For all you in the northern states...... Sitting on a dirt road in my dirty jeep. 83 degrees outside,32 degrees in the beer cooler,and 100 percent calm in the soul.

FIX IT TILL it's broke
Unread 07-20-2013, 11:31 AM   #174
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

You spend all your time over on ExPo these days?

I know I do. Hows the trailer man?

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #175
hesterj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Greg, thanks for checking in on the loafer over here.

The trailer has been hooked up to the jeep for almost a year without being disconnected once. It has seen the Gulf of Mexico to Panhandle and even some of west Texas. Time has been spent trying to figure out a solid direction to the build. That's why a lot of time has been spent over on ExPo.

My wife has serious reservations with the idea of sleeping in a RTT. Even the thought of a overnight at a buddy's lake lot gets big thumbs down from her. She just can't get past the tent idea. Personally,I feel she does not feel secure enough.
So...I introduced her to the world of teardrop trailers. Figured a door with a lock would be just the ticket.
She fell in love.

So here we are.....

I'm not going to spend the coin on something my wife will not accompany me in and I surely will not be selling my shiney toy!

This is where I felt like Tom Hanks in the movie cast away as he was standing in that 4 way. Thinking to myself, which direction?

As of today:

I'm going to button up some small details with the M416 for now and call it good. For sure it will get better interior bed lighting,figure a way to make the stock lights more visible (brighter),house battery w/charger and switch's. Still need a way to haul extra fuel for the jeep too. And.....
More will happen with the M416 once my son gets a little older. That's when the RTT idea will be revisited.

A few more projects around the house need to be finished. The girls add-on rooms are near finished. The chicken coop check list only has a few more things to cross off. Then it will be time to start the build on a teardrop. This way it's a win no matter the road I choose to take...or the trailer.

FIX IT TILL it's broke
Unread 08-08-2013, 09:05 AM   #176
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Hey Hester.

Yeah I totally understand that. My wife is "ok" with the RTT, but many arent. We have a 2009 21' Tent Trailer so she is used to camping in a "tent"...well sort of. I brought up the idea of Tear Drops with an RTT for the kids, she said no (insert explitive) way. Sadly...

My buddy has designed and is building a prototype offroad teardrop trailer which should be amazing. Lightweight, strong and fully kitted out. I wanted to buy the first production one, but this is looking like it will not happen. lol

Glad to hear the 416 and the RTT will remain for the kids enjoyment at least.

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.