Motorcycle box trailer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > Motorcycle box trailer

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 09-20-2014, 01:15 PM   #1
Fruity_south
2005 WK 

Motorcycle box trailer

Firstly I got to say I love this section of the forum. So many ideas suddenly flowing through my head for making the trailer I own the times better.

I bought this box trailer about a year ago off of ebay for 90. I bought it mainly for the purpose of moving motorcycles. The fact that it could also be used as a box trailer was a bonus.

Thing is since buying it it has never been used. I ended up riding my motorcycle to the new house instead of trailing it and have never been asked "can you do me a favour and pick up a motorcycle for me"

So now I want to bring some life back into this trailer. I would like to still key the feasibility of using it to move a bike as well.

I'm thinking about firsly sanding down and respray the black frame
Checker plate where it's currently blue
Rubber lining the inside
New lights
Possibly a removable lid
Roof bars for roof box and anything else that can be mounted to bars
Some fuel / water tank holders
Bigger wheels
And a fold out work surface for cooker on the side

The idea is once done I could use it as a work station for cooking etc when on camping holidays and have all the camping gear inside it whilst towing

Fruity_south is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2014, 09:21 AM   #2
Fruity_south
2005 WK 

So this has taken longer then I had hoped, mainly because the other half decided she wanted the kids room decorated.
All is completed apart from wiring the lights. I'm really pleased with how it has come out.
The roof boxs stores two camp chairs, the cooker, a tent and a dry bag filled with sleeping gear.
A waste water container is stored inside the trailer along with a gas tak for the cooker and a 3 way fridge.
The sink / tap are running on a 12v pump which is sunk inside the water container.

All closed up. Sealed with some bonnet pin latches

All open, the fold down cooking bench

The sink which is in the opposite side of the removable section for a motorbike to go through where number plate is

The battery, and fuse box set up with a battery charger mounted above the battery

240v in and out sockets. Also pictured but difficult to see is the 12v cig sockets
Fruity_south is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.