Marn's 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Pop-up Build Thread - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > Marn's 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Pop-up Build Thread

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 12-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #91
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPond View Post
Just FYI - surge brakes are still quite common on boat trailers and they've improved a lot over the years. My boat and trailer combined are over 7000 lbs. and the surge brakes work very well, even compared to the electric brakes on my cargo trailer.

That may be another place you could look for replacement parts?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Ah-ha!

I'll know before too long if i need any more parts. I know one of the wheel cylinders is new, the other is old old old, and i havent pulled the drums yet to see what they look like, nor the hardware or the shoes.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 07:48 AM   #92
MrBeast
1980 CJ7 

Marn, your rig is getting entirely too cool now. I am really digging the matching trailer.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1980-cj7-first-jeep-build-1243620/"]80 CJ7 "The Kraken" - a project 25 years in the making[/URL] AMC 304 V8, NV4500, Dana 300, Dana 44, 9 inch, M.O.R.E. SRS, YJ tub.

AT3 US Navy 1999-2003

[B][SIZE="3"] Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt[/SIZE][/B]
[SIZE="1"](When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults)[/SIZE]
MrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #93
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Thanks!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 12-27-2012, 07:17 PM   #94
Hurley91

It's looking pretty awesome. I would love to do something like this.
Hurley91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 11:47 PM   #95
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Never realized I hadnt posted any of the info about the trips I've taken with the trailer in here!

This one was in december, 2012.

Got my girl and her sister all excited to go camping with some friends, we picked Valley of Fire state park, I've never actually camped there and it's right in our back yard.

So, load'er up!!!

We hit the road, it had been overcast and we were worried about the weather but all for naught.

Headed in, it was looking gloomy, but the clouds starte dto break, and as soon as we went down into the valley and rounded the corner it was beautifully sunny.

Headed out towards Arch rock campground. The colors out here are amazing, these pics dont do it justice, when the sun would come out everything was just glowing red.

Picked a nice, secluded (we thought) camping spot, and backed her in!

We set up camp....

And as soon as we were done doing that, our "neighbors" came back. Turns out the next spot over was a group of kids (18?) that were loud as hell. Hootin' and hollerin' and back there in the canyon we could hear every word, forget about the "OOOH MY GOD's" and the "NOOOO WAY DUDE!!!!!'s" and the "BRO!!!!!!'s".

We dropped the camper, hooked up, and rolled back around the front of the campground.

All my friends, except for one, bailed for one reason or another. We set up the camper and went driving around a bit to watch the sun set.

OO look, 4000 year old petroglyphs!!

Ooooo, look, a petrified tree from 125,000,000 years ago!!!! but SSSSHHHHH dont disturb it, it's sleeping!

Here I am parked next to one of the "Beehives"

Kept driving, dun was going down

Got up to the top at Rainbow vista, and took a gander at the colors.

Headed back dowwwwwwn

And that was about it, the sun went down, we had a nice fire and some dinner, then crashed in the campah. It was nice, maybe high 30's at night. Stayed nice and warm in the bed under the blankets without the heat on.

My favorite part about the camper, is being "inside" and having room to move around. i woke up turned on the heater, and put on a pot of coffee.

Cooked up a delicious breakfast, all inside! (sorry, i'm still not used to the camper aspect)

And thats about it! We hooked up and headed home that day. Just a fun overnighter to get out of town.

Absolutely beautiful country out there, way better than Red Rock NCA. If you're ever in the area, I highly suggest visiting Valley of Fire.

Quote:

Unread 02-17-2013, 11:47 PM   #96
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Then I headed back out for New Years Eve.

We ended up going camping for New Years. My lady had to work so I figured I'd go join some friends for 2 nights and a bunch of beers!

We headed back to Valley Of Fire state park, just outside of Moapa, NV. Same spot as last time.

This trip was a little more interesting, I had a few small issues. On the way, my truck started surging, almost flickering. Pulled over and notived a wire had fallen on the manifold and melted, and it was shorting out. 2 seconds to re-route it and we were back on the road.

So, we arrived got set up in the same camping spot, and had a good first night. The next day, we woke up and got the kids together and hopped in the truck, went for a ride.

I tried to get better pics of the scenery this time

Did a little hike up to "mouses' Tank" there are a bunch of petroglyphs up here.

After that, we got back to the camp site and I was bored, so i decided to climb the little "hill" behind the campsite.

I got up to the top, heck of a view!

I think you can see my friend down there in the pic, the little dot at our campsite. The crazy thing was i could speak just over normal volume, and she could hear me all the way down there, and I could hear the conversations between her and the other guys with us too. Neat!

Quote:

Unread 02-17-2013, 11:48 PM   #97
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

After that it was getting dark, and your standard new years eve drinkathon took place.

Woke up to an ABSOLUTELY beautiful January 1st, 2013!!!

Fiddled around with some reflection pictures, trying to capture the colors.

Cooked some breakfast and coffee for the crew, it was a bit chilly that night (28* i think)

Enjoying my coffee and the most awesome hat ever, which i got for christmas.

After that point, we started to pack up, got everything together, camper all collapsed, and that was when my little misadventure with a transmission cooling line happened (there's a thread about it from last week). Got that all patched up and cleaned up, then hit the road and headed home.

Sorry not so much of a story this time as it was a repeat of the trip 2 weeks prior, but it was fun, and I got some better scenery pics too that I wanted to share.

Quote:

Unread 02-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #98
harleyhouse

I like the work you did, Simple changes and the whole combination looks awesome.
Great job! Nothing better than matching Tow Vehicle and trailer.
harleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #99
shekshishekki
2013 WK 

DAMMIT!!! now you make me want to get one

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...650391342.html
shekshishekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #100
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekshishekki View Post
DAMMIT!!! now you make me want to get one

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...650391342.html
Nice!! looks like a great price too, thats one size bigger than mine but otherwise exactly the same type of trailer.

Quote:

Unread 04-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #101
turpehar
Web Weiner

1977 CJ5 

Sorry to be late to the party but this all looks like a blast. My camper would not make it up there.

(Trial + error)*Upgrades) - $ = (mac-n-cheese/hot dogs)+experience

https://www.facebook.com/CentralILOffRoad

http://centraliloffroad.com/
turpehar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #102
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turpehar
Sorry to be late to the party but this all looks like a blast. My camper would not make it up there.
It's okay, the party never ends!

Quote:

Unread 04-12-2013, 04:34 PM   #103
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Wow! I'm so jealous of your "backyard" and once again your Jeep and pop-up are sweet. Thanks for posting the pictures. Very cool. I'd be out there once a month easy.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 09:07 AM   #104
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
Wow! I'm so jealous of your "backyard" and once again your Jeep and pop-up are sweet. Thanks for posting the pictures. Very cool. I'd be out there once a month easy.
I grew up in Ohio but have been in Vegas for 20 years. Too often I take for granted the wide open spaces and amazing beauty of the desert. Anyway, gotta go pack up the trailer so I can head out and do some 800 yard shooting 20 minutes down the road
Unread 09-19-2013, 02:05 PM   #105
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I havent done more than glance at the camper since New Years Day. I did, however, open it up a lil the other day to make sure it wasnt wet inside from our recent rains.

all is well. Now that the jeep is back in running condition, I'll be getting back to using and working on the camper.

Quote:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.