m416 m101 m116 trailer questions - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > m416 m101 m116 trailer questions

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-10-2009, 03:51 AM   #16
OVERLAND_YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I am in the process of building an M101CDN into an offroad roof-top-tent camper. check it out here

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f104/jeep-m101cdn-offroad-camping-trailer-construction-691445/

it hauls great behind my YJ and with the wide flares i can really see it well in the mirrors. the weight before i started building it up wasn't even noticable but now i can feel it back there, added about 500lbs to it in steel and other bits. will scale it when she's all done and get a total.

Unread 02-14-2009, 10:52 PM   #17
Mymmars
1989 YJ Wrangler 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M35_2-1/2_ton_cargo_truck

i want this more than my next breath

Nightcrew member #095
Mymmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 04:06 PM   #18
rutacon05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

haha, talk about overkill! it would be fun to have one though!
rutacon05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2009, 02:10 AM   #19
FALJEEP
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Mike, I picked up my two trailers from Ft.Sill OK and drug them back here to the lasd of Vegas and had no problems towing wise. Teh DRMO folks helped load them on top of each other and off we went. I had removed the tires off the top trailer and failed to put the lug nuts back on so during the trip, they migrated out of their holes and into the brake housing. After discovering the 8 pt spindle nuts and the difficulty of finding a socket for them, I have decided to go with a new axle setup that makes tire changes etc. more managable. Even with the two lashed to each other, my only enemy was the wind holding me back on some stretches. My tow vehicle is my '06 Rubicon LWB with a 3.5" lift and stock engine. I did put 5" springs in the back to offset the weight I thought would drag the rearend down. It all worked out great! Thanks for the heads up...
Unread 10-15-2009, 11:30 AM   #20
sierraclimber1
2004 TJ Wrangler 

M116 Trailer

This thread was useful to me when I was looking into getting a military trailer for my jeep.

So to keep it going heres a pic of a M116 trailer I just got for $450. I am modifying it to be my snowmobile hauler and fabing up some ramps.

The previous owner axed the pintle hitch and installed a standard ball type receiver. Wish it still had the pintle.

Trailer weight 870 lbs. 3/4 ton capacity

Jeep is on 33's with a 2" BB

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.