M101 Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > M101 Question

Save 15% in XT's Pre-Black Friday Event!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-29-2008, 12:59 AM   #1
Nipper744

M101 Question

I have found 3 M101's for sale all for $700 each in saskatchewan. I love them and am looking at buying one very shortly. I was told that they have brakes and that i would have to rewire it because it was wired to military standards, i assume they mean the large trailer plug.

I do not know much about these trailers and have been searching for more info and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction or give me a few pointers.

I want to know:
How should the wiring system be converter, and because of the trailer having breaks do i need to do change my trailer plug on my jeep?

also is there instructions anywhere on the web for these m101 trailers, I know there is a lever that i believe is a mechanical parking break.

can the trailer be used without using its brakes?

im sorry if these sound like stupid questions but i have been researching for some time and it seems that those on this site know more than many other sites.
thanks for all the help

Last edited by Nipper744; 03-30-2008 at 11:17 AM..
Nipper744 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2008, 11:40 PM   #2
Nipper744

I have found a manual for a M416 and it appears very similar, it seems that the brakes are not electric as i had thought before but controlled mechanically.

if anyone wants the manual let me know, its 268 pg PDF file
Unread 03-30-2008, 12:27 AM   #3
0utback
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipper744 View Post
I have found 3 M101's for sale all for $700 in saskatchewan. I love them and am looking at buying one very shortly.

That's a good price... grab it!

I do not know much about these trailers and have been searching for more info and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction or give me a few pointers.

Here is a link to the M101CDN yahoo group... http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/M101CDN/

I want to know:
How should the wiring system be converter, and because of the trailer having breaks do i need to do change my trailer plug on my jeep?

If it has the original military lights, just run it as a 4 wire system. You don't need the blackout lights. However, most of these trailers have had the lights removed and you will have to install a trailer lighting kit.

also is there instructions anywhere on the web for these m101 trailers, I know there is a lever that i believe is a mechanical parking break.

See the link I posted above. Yes the leaver is for the parking brake.

Yes, as the brakes are not running brakes. Best trailer going for authenticity, Jeep-a-bility, and off road use.

im sorry if these sound like stupid questions ...

Not stupid questions, you have to learn somehow, we all did.
Hope that helps. Good luck with the purchase.
Westman Jeep Association
Canadian Jeep Club Mbr #65
You can't be lost if you don't care where you are!
0utback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2008, 11:01 AM   #4
Nipper744

Thanks alot for your help, these links are great

Ill post some picks when i pick it up, thanks again

Cheers
Marc
Unread 04-02-2008, 03:58 PM   #5
brazen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipper744 View Post
I have found 3 M101's for sale all for $700 each in saskatchewan. I love them and am looking at buying one very shortly. I was told that they have brakes and that i would have to rewire it because it was wired to military standards, i assume they mean the large trailer plug.

I want to know:

im sorry if these sound like stupid questions but i have been researching for some time and it seems that those on this site know more than many other sites.
thanks for all the help

I'm in Lethbridge, Ab and looking for the same trailer any chance you could send me some info on where these 3 trailers are?
brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.