Keeping my trailered CJ7 pretty. - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 05-17-2016, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
MrsLeaff
1976 CJ7 

Keeping my trailered CJ7 pretty.

I am going to be towing a renovated 1976 Jeep ($$$) behind my Ford Super Duty on a flatbed trailer for long distances. Now, I know that eventually it will get scratches, etc. on the front, but I would really like to postpone that as long as possible. Yes, I know it's a Jeep. But still, it looks so purty after I spent all that money.

Someone has suggested rear mud flaps on my Ford F250. Any other ideas? Pictures will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-18-2016, 08:38 AM
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Of course you know that you can't cover it. That is fatal. You can coat the paint, but no covers no matter what they are made of or how tight they are fitted.

I think the best you can do is deflect road debris from the sides perhaps with air foils at the front corners of the flatbed.

And, this is why that classic car owners almost always have an enclosed trailer.

03 Rubicon; 99 xj with too much stuff to list; Unimog 406 (gone)
post #3 of 5 Old 05-18-2016, 09:28 AM
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

well i think If this jeep is going off road, i mean most people tow so they can GET home. Most people that tow tend to wheel harder as well since they have a option too , get home. As well as the jeep once built more for off road, going 700 miles to run class 10 trails. is not that fun, well it was 40 years ago, maybe. Sooo unless you are towing this to car shows...towing to say Fordyce, well its going to get banged up anyway.

started towing this jeep a few years ago. In that time taking it to Cali, Moab all over AZ. My jeep has had ZERO broken windows, towing( ihave drove this jeep to these places as well).. DRIVING it there, seems to always happen once a year at least if not two, windows. Now how many chips? LOL seriously? If it was about money i would quite now why you are behind. as we just keep digging holes, with a jeep. its a expensive hobby. much like racing. just at 2mph

http://www.parker4wheelers.net
www.bullhead4wheelersinc.com
post #4 of 5 Old 05-18-2016, 10:56 AM
Fourtrail
1974 CJ6 

I would look into getting an air damn for the front of the trailer.

I would also go with this style mud flap/stone guard to try and keep as much debris from coming up from under the truck.

You can also look into the same wrap that the car manufacturers use when they ship new cars.
http://www.mastershieldprotection.com/xport/

80 CJ-5, 74 CJ-6, 56 CJ-5
post #5 of 5 Old 05-19-2016, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
MrsLeaff
1976 CJ7 

Keep Jeep "Purty?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
Now how many chips? LOL seriously? If it was about money i would quite now why you are behind. as we just keep digging holes, with a jeep. its a expensive hobby. much like racing. just at 2mph
You're quite right. It's like a mental illness. Instead of paying psychiatrists, I sent my money directly to mechanics and parts houses.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.