Jeep Trailer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > Jeep Trailer

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 01-18-2014, 10:39 AM   #1
E6Sapper

1983 CJ7 

Jeep Trailer

This year I decided I was going to build a Off road trailer. I started out thinking I was going to build it from scratch. The "expedition" trailers run anywhere from $2000.00 to $6000.00.
I got a great break a couple days before Christmas when a guy in North Carolina selling an old military Jeep trailer for $500.00. I got it and some truck boxes from"Tractor Supply" a scraper and new tires. I made a few modifications to it along the way with a few cans of primer and a grinder. With all that in mind it only took a couple weeks and some creativity. The price with everything included was under $2000.00.

Last edited by E6Sapper; 01-19-2014 at 10:34 AM.. Reason: Cant upload Photos
E6Sapper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2014, 10:41 AM   #2
slickrocksteve
2006 TJ Wrangler 

You might try putting your photos in something like Photobucket to be able to ypload them. That is where a lot of guys put theirs.

slickrocksteve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2014, 12:46 PM   #3
harleyhouse

Nice work on the trailer. Do the surge brakes still work?
img_20140114_130934_366.jpg

img_20140114_130946_203.jpg

img_20140106_131819_412_1_.jpg

img_20140114_130956_084.jpg

harleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2014, 03:07 PM   #4
E6Sapper

1983 CJ7 

Yes, The surge brake works and so does the hand brake.
E6Sapper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 12:17 AM   #5
jagular7
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Pretty cool. The type of trailer for the military is M716 or M762 and with the surge brakes, the probably a A1 model. It was the basis for the M416 military trailer. It was designated as a small generator trailer, but was adapted by military transport for hauling what could be bolted down or strapped down. All parts are still readily available too.

Jagular
Lnxa, KS
97 TJ SE lifted, locked and rubbered for fun
94 YJ SE stock, 225s, Trail Tested
jagular7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.