I Need help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > I Need help!

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 01-23-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
Buckslayer
2004 WJ 

I Need help!

I just bought a 04 grand Cherokee special edition. It didn't come with a factory hitch. I was wondering if I could put one on it? The bumper is all one pice so would I have to cut it to make room for a hitch? Thanks

Buckslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 09:04 PM   #2
Indy

The factory tow option pops through the bumper. The aftermarkets sit right below it. I *think* there is a plug in the bumper you can remove if you find a factory hitch.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
JPNCA
1997 TJ Wrangler 

We had an 04 WJ as well.
I think it was a uhaul hitch I put on

It was not a special edition though
JPNCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 08:43 AM   #4
ajmorell

Yes you can put one on it. If you go with a factory hitch you'll have to cut the bumper valence, but I believe that some of the aftermarket hitches sit below the valence.
ajmorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 04:15 AM   #5
Baitis
2004 WJ 

I used Hidden Hitch and just notched out the bumper. The interference is mostly at the bottom of the bumper and with a good cut not noticeable; I like the look better than the factory job and it doesn't stick out and bang the shins.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.