How to use my recovery equiptment - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > How to use my recovery equiptment

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 01-11-2014, 02:38 PM   #46
ober_bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross
A "small degree of common sense" is dangereous. Back on topic. There is no good way to recovery a vehicle with the same gear we use to recovery out Jeeps unless that vehicle has similar designed recovery points. The OP asked. "my tow hitch or bumper, but what about other cars without two hitches or metal bumpers?" The OP is asking how to recover a car without damaging it. Unless there are points specifically designed for recovery there is a chance you will damage the other vehicle if you start yanking on it. I am saying it is not a good idea to attach a strap to even a bumper ever for recovery. Most bumpers are mounted on a "shock" that is designed to help absorb a hit and not to be pulled. Recover points have to be mounted to the frame. If you run a strap under a car with a plastic bumper cover you will probably damage that cover and possible whatever you hook to. Thoose little hooks under many cars are not recovery points.
thank you Ross this is all I wanted to know

ober_bro is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.