How to best ground single wire clearance lights? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > How to best ground single wire clearance lights?

Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitLong Arm kits for all JK models from Clayton Off Road

Unread 10-31-2011, 08:30 PM   #1
tw_jeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

How to best ground single wire clearance lights?

Redoing some of the clearance lights on our horse trailer. They are single-wire grounded through the mounts. The OEM lights were essentially riveted to the trailer and grounded through them.

I have to replace some of them and was going to use SS hardware. Would a small screw or bolt/nut combo be best? Just want a good ground... and something that wont vibrate loose.

The new lights did not come with mount hardware. They are these:
http://http://www.pmlights.com/products.cfm?cId=2&fId=1&pId=2749

Or am I over-thinking this?

Thanks
Tom

2000 TJ Sport/auto/D44/X8000i & Tomken mount/jeeperman rear bumper and rails/Skidrow steering skid/RE 3.5SF/33x10.5x15ATKOs/JB Conversions SYE/CV shaft/BESTOP tire carrier/AtoZ front bumper/Front Aussie Locker/some aesthetic stuff/
tw_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
USMCredneck
1979 CJ5 

A regular nut and bolt with a lock washer should be sufficient. Clean the backside of the mounting surface down to bare metal and you should be good to go.
Unread 11-01-2011, 08:02 PM   #3
tw_jeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Nice and simple - thanks!
2000 TJ Sport/auto/D44/X8000i & Tomken mount/jeeperman rear bumper and rails/Skidrow steering skid/RE 3.5SF/33x10.5x15ATKOs/JB Conversions SYE/CV shaft/BESTOP tire carrier/AtoZ front bumper/Front Aussie Locker/some aesthetic stuff/
tw_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.