Have a problem need an answer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > Have a problem need an answer

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-27-2010, 08:49 AM   #1
ujehed
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Have a problem need an answer

So buddy of mine has a f350 diesel. I think it is about a 92. Has a 7.3 non turbo. We were talking about making a trade on it and he figured out that he had at one blew head gasket. Let it sit for about 9 months and it had gotten water in the cylinders. How bad off is this and how big of a fix would it take? Any help would be great.

ujehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2010, 03:24 PM   #2
thantos858
Web Wheeler
1974 CJ5 

Depends on the water damage. I would get all the water out then put in some diesel fuel into the cylinders to help loosen them. Let it sit for a couple days then turn the motor bye hand slowly. If it feels free and moves easy shouldn't need to much besides a oil change and fixing the current known problems. Just checker the cylinder walls for marks after doing that to see what else is broken since its been sitting.
thantos858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #3
ujehed
1996 XJ Cherokee 

the radiator was the problem... one thing just kinda leads to another huh?
ujehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2010, 04:30 PM   #4
thantos858
Web Wheeler
1974 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujehed View Post
the radiator was the problem... one thing just kinda leads to another huh?
Yes it does sadly. I have a BMW and they are well known for cooling system problems which tends to mess with everything else.
thantos858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 07:17 AM   #5
horatio102
Web Wheeler

Up to 9 months with water in the cyl/crankcase? I'd say it's probably scrap metal.
horatio102 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.