Hauling - Need a CJ shipped - Suggestions - NEWBIE! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > Hauling - Need a CJ shipped - Suggestions - NEWBIE!

Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-17-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
Red85CJ
1985 CJ7 

Hauling - Need a CJ shipped - Suggestions - NEWBIE!

First, let me start off by saying Im a newbie... here. Been buildin and wheelin forever, but never had to ship a rig, I always drove. I have driven the west coast in 4x rigs a dozen times but now I have a strict timeframe.

I have a 85 CJ-7.

I need to get it from AZ to WA

Any ideas for having it delivered? its 76 inches overall height an has 33's

I am worried about some reviews on some shipping companies. Has anybody used someone successfully without spending a fortune.

I figure my cost to drive it with airfare and gas etc is approx 650 - 700, but a breakdown possibility and winter conditions throughout the mountains makes time an issue so shipping is definitely my first choice.

If you have used someone, what was your cost, experience, who did you use?

Any information would be really helpful.

-Jake

Red85CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 08:40 PM   #2
prismfisher
1982 CJ8 

I had my scrambler shipped a few years back from Tx to mt. Ran about 950.... went out for bid on web site. I didn't take the cheapest but they were easy to work with. Most brokers are good...the driver had a lot of offers to buy it while in transit.
prismfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #3
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

There's a user on here named Hotshot who may be able to help. He runs a local trucking company that I believe runs this route. You might want to shoot him a PM.
Unread 11-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #4
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I think you could go on U Ship and see what the going rate is there and then negotiate from that point with a dedicated carrier. It will probably be about $750 on U Ship, so you might find a professional carrier in the $900 range.
Unread 11-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #5
lar308

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I shipped my son's ranger from Ohio to Ft Hood Tx using Mercury transport, ran about $800. No problems but a weather delay. Ron
lar308 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.