Greg's M101 CDN2 1/4 Ton Build "The Resale Red Offroad Trailer Build" - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > Greg's M101 CDN2 1/4 Ton Build "The Resale Red Offroad Trailer Build"

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.com

Unread 04-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #31
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blacksmith View Post
this is so fn cool
What, you following my project now? lol Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyhouse View Post
Looking awesome!
Thanks a lot...it has been fun building this.

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 01:59 AM   #32
The_Blacksmith
1993 XJ Cherokee 

a little stalking goes a long way

clean under your bed.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/building-recovery-bumpers-pics-1184330/
The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 10:14 PM   #33
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Unread 04-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #34
SLATEGOAT
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hey GregB..... Fellow Canadian here and love the build. I just picked up one of these and am going to do the change over to 5 x 4.5 hub and drum. Wondering if it is a direct bolt in useing the PA kit SKU# 8211716, or if I need to mess around with different bearings than the kit comes with? Any help would be great.
Unread 04-30-2013, 08:01 PM   #35
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLATEGOAT View Post
Hey GregB..... Fellow Canadian here and love the build. I just picked up one of these and am going to do the change over to 5 x 4.5 hub and drum. Wondering if it is a direct bolt in useing the PA kit SKU# 8211716, or if I need to mess around with different bearings than the kit comes with? Any help would be great.
Hey There Fellow Canuck,
I did a lot of research on the swap, and read the entire spec sheet on the brakes off of the Yahoo CDN M101 website...

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/M101CDN/

look specifically for the

This site is an amazing resource if you own one of these trailers. Anyhow, the original manual for these has the specs on every part and the PA part number for the bearings and the one listed in the manual were one trailing digit apart. I checked the sizes of both online, and they were the same. I tried the drum kit from PA with both the stock and the PA bearings...both fit the same.

I have been running this on the new PA bearings for a few years now and it is perfect. Nice and tight, but not too tight no slop and they look mint as the day I put them in.

If you go with the same model I used (your number looks right) then you are GTG! Direct swap, and if you get them on sale, you can pick them up complete ready to install for $59.00 each. Best part, the parking brake still works.

IIRC, they PA electric brake kits with the backing plates will also direct replace, but you will lose the handbrake. I read that there is a way to make it work, but I haven't attempted it yet. That is on the list for next year!

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #36
SLATEGOAT
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks a Million...... Picked them up this morning..... Will let you know how it all goes.
Unread 05-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #37
Vonguido
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I want to find one of these and build one into a camping trailer like yours, have the kitchen, water w/ on demand HW for showers, batteries. The whole 9 yards. Buying one from one of the many companies who make those cost upwards of $13000 and up.
My biggest issue would be wiring because I'm a beginner when it comes to wiring electric.
How much money do you think you have tied up in it or will when you get the batteries, kitchen and water put in....obviously I know lots of time.
Keep up the solid work man.
Vonguido is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 02:45 AM   #38
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLATEGOAT View Post
Thanks a Million...... Picked them up this morning..... Will let you know how it all goes.
Good stuff! Let me know how it goes, mine was simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonguido View Post
I want to find one of these and build one into a camping trailer like yours, have the kitchen, water w/ on demand HW for showers, batteries. The whole 9 yards. Buying one from one of the many companies who make those cost upwards of $13000 and up.
My biggest issue would be wiring because I'm a beginner when it comes to wiring electric.
How much money do you think you have tied up in it or will when you get the batteries, kitchen and water put in....obviously I know lots of time.
Keep up the solid work man.
Yes, everyone seems to want one! Too bad they only made 1992 of them in total, well the CDN M101 that is. The M416 was the predecessor to my trailer, and they made thousands of them over many years. The CDN M101 is a licensed reproduction of the US M416. The only difference, the frame is integrated into the tub on the 101 and the steel is better so they rust less. Of and they were all painted with CRC coatings.

I would say that as it sits now, with the basic trailer and the rehab work (painting, shocks, electrical) and all the add on stuff (lid/tent/battery and trailer wiring/new kitchen/coupler) I am probably into it for about $7,000.00? By the time I get the water system and the holding tank in with all the other bits (solar etc) maybe $8,000.00.

Adds up fast, but it could have been more...and I like it because I made it myself.

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Unread 05-03-2013, 10:32 PM   #39
Vonguido
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I will definitely look for one of the US versions then. I'm just debating if I should go that route or buy one already done from a company but they are a lot more expensive. $9000 is better than close to 20K with the same stuff.
Unread 05-13-2013, 03:07 AM   #40
PrinceBondar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB_00XJ View Post
Fugly (Functional-Ugly)... and secure.
Bolt cutters, two seconds.
PrinceBondar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 12:54 AM   #41
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceBondar View Post
Bolt cutters, two seconds.
Wow, no way really... gee thanks for stating the blatantly obvious!!

Locks no matter what kind where they are or how bad *** you think they are only keep out the honest people.

But really thanks for that shot of wisdom.

I have done a TON of work to it in the past few weeks, but I will save that update for another day.

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Unread 05-17-2013, 11:37 PM   #42
PrinceBondar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB_00XJ View Post
Locks no matter what kind where they are or how bad *** you think they are only keep out the honest people.
...and therefore, not "secure" and hardly "hard pressed to get that off."

Quote:
But really thanks for that shot of wisdom.
You're quite welcome.
PrinceBondar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #43
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceBondar View Post
...and therefore, not "secure" and hardly "hard pressed to get that off."

You're quite welcome.
Troll.

3 pages and dozens of pics based off of HUNDREDS of hours of work, and you want to pick a fight about a lock? The friggin lid is made of wood... and BTW, anyone can break into your Jeep/Car/House in about 5 seconds... suck it.

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Unread 08-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #44
Vonguido
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Greg any new updates on the trailer at all?
Unread 08-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #45
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonguido View Post
Greg any new updates on the trailer at all?
Oh man... you bet. I don't get on JF much anymore, I spend all my time over on ExPo and BC Jeep Club now, a bit more on the trailer and build stuff over there. Since the last time I was on here I have:

-Redone my electrical
-Added a lot of lights
-Gas lift struts and brackets
-On board hot water system and on board 13 gal water tank with electric pump
-Propane mount and 10 gal tank
-Rear receiver hitch installed
-Um?? Re did a few other things as well.

Check out all of my details over on ExPo with the build pics etc. Oh and thanks for asking!!

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...-%28finally%29

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.