Got the monster tow rig/RV project - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > Got the monster tow rig/RV project

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 07-07-2011, 07:27 PM   #31
nitecop
1999 TJ Wrangler 

In the last week I installed my extra 50 gallon fuel tank. I'm leaving it empty till I get going on my big trip and get to OK or TX where diesel is much cheaper. Not knowing how clean the inside is I installed a filter in the transfer line.

Got the new lo profile rear tires installed yesterday. the gearing is exactly like I wanted it to be now.
The speedo was checked with a stopwatch on the highway last night and its 100%correct @ 60 MPH !! ( My math was correct I guess when i did the calibration.)
Today I went and uninstalled and picked up 2 of the new(to me)RV windows that I bought. I almost got the door and door frame out that I bought . I'm going back after it tomorrow.

Project f-Xj F150/XJ Ford eXtreme jeep combo
06 6 Speed LJ my daily driver.
Colorado Jeep club memeber #505
nitecop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2011, 11:25 PM   #32
ArrizX
1997 XJ Cherokee 

This thing is sweet, you're living my dream lol
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2011, 11:49 PM   #33
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Awesome!!!!!!! We have the same type of thing, in a trailer. Except its not home-made, haha. Its a toy hauler, its an n'tense, by thor. We load up our 4 atvs in it, hook the truck up to it, load the fridge with snacks, drive 2 hours, back the atvs out(and ride em of course!!), lower the beds, and sleep! Just like a regular camper! Nothin a little truck can tow though. 13k lbs after we load everything up. But our silverado (6.0 gas, 2500 hd) has no problems towing it.

Sent from my Droid using JeepForum
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2011, 09:08 PM   #34
nitecop
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well i went and did my MPG test run and came out MUCH better than I thought I would.
I did a round trip from Mid town kroger fuel stop in ashland to grayson and back.
I did not try to drive fro max MPG i ran 65-68on flat ground and held to floor on the hills. It only dropped 4 MPH on any of the hills.
I made sure to use the same pump and fill to same point (lower lip of filler pipe)
Result was 49.4 miles and 4.2 gallons of fuel used for 11.7 MPG.
I had heard these 12V cummins got good milage, but I didn't know it was this good.
Unread 02-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #35
nitecop
1999 TJ Wrangler 

well I know this is very late but Here how it work on last years southern Ohio to Ouray Co trip.
I installed the door just a few days befor I left on the trip so i didn't get time to paint it.
Towing the Jeep on a trailer it averaged 10.5 MPG running at 65 on the way out west till i hit the mountain then it did drop to 9.5-to 10.0MPG.
It pulled the mountains just fine

Here it is in the campground

Unread 02-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #36
1stblack97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

very nice
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.