flat towing new liberty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > flat towing new liberty

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 09-27-2009, 05:24 AM   #1
dusted800

flat towing new liberty

Friend of mine just bought a new liberty and plans on flattowing behind motorhome. Dealer told him to put a battery disconnect in vehicle. I am just questioning why a battery disconnect would be needed. thanx. wnk.

dusted800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 01:41 PM   #2
EvilM0nkey
2002 TJ Wrangler 

You need to leave the key in the on position so the wheels remain unlocked. So a battery d/c keeps the battery from ending up dead when you get where you're going.
EvilM0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2009, 11:20 AM   #3
SunDawgJEEP
2008 KK Liberty 

If your KK has steering lock then key must be in ON position which will drain the battery during the tow. So you need a battery disconnect.

However, IF your KK, like mine, does NOT have steering lock then you can turn key to OFF and remove. No battery drain so no need for battery disconnect. I have towed 240 plus miles this way in last month.
SunDawgJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #4
EvilM0nkey
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Every new vehicle is required by law to have a steering lock....
EvilM0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.