Flat Tow vs. Trailer Tow - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 18 Old 04-22-2016, 03:39 PM
kellyrshort1
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Whoa whoa.... why do you think you had a challenge with the LJ? Reason I ask, I recently took the plunge and got the setup for a flat tow (Blue Ox tow bar, Brake Buddy Vantage Select supplemental brake, magnetic brake lights). First day of pulling my '06 LJ Rubicon from TX to AR was beautiful. Coming back had a pretty good cross wind and it was... as you put it... "disconcerting." Lots of sway. Is there something inherently wrong with LJ? Your question about camber is interesting.... I was thinking perhaps what had changed from day 1 to day 2 was about 20 miles of rocky as sh#t trails. Maybe I need a rotation, balance and alignment and that's what caused the sway? Would appreciate your thoughts. GO LJ!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 Old 04-22-2016, 08:46 PM
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I suppose we all have done this, but it doesn't make it any less embarrassing. You are responding to a 9 year old post.

03 Rubicon; 99 xj with too much stuff to list; Unimog 406 (gone)
post #18 of 18 Old 04-13-2017, 01:55 PM
Blindman

Will a Tow Dolly hurt my jeep Drivetrain???

I understand my 2013 Jeep will FLAT tow just fine behind my vehicle with my pick up, but I already have a tow dolly and was just double checking if anyone has done this?? I would think it would be no big deal using same process as flat tow,,, but I cannot find anyone at my local dealer that knows for sure. Has anyone had a bad experience doing this or any experience??? Thanks

Blind Man

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.