F150 - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > F150

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-12-2012, 12:52 AM   #31
aspjeepguy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I towed my YJ with a 1995 with a 302 automatic and I think 3.31 gears. It was 4wd extended cab. It did a fine job but it got 8mpg towing.

It will easily tow your junk.

B&M Short Throw, Rear Alloy USA Axle Shafts
aspjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2012, 12:59 AM   #32
justanotherjpr

You'll do fine
justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #33
Bedwell
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for everyones input, I have checked out the truck twice now. It definitely needs some work and the transmission has be replaced a few times so I may pass. (PO's may have overloaded it which I may run into the same problem.) I will do some researching and maybe investing in a newer truck with a warrenty/comfort features would be nice for DD. I do like the trailer and depending on what kind of deal we can make i may go ahead and pick it up. That way I have the trailer ready when I pick up a nice truck to tow.
Bedwell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #34
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedwell View Post
Thanks for everyones input, I have checked out the truck twice now. It definitely needs some work and the transmission has be replaced a few times so I may pass. (PO's may have overloaded it which I may run into the same problem.) I will do some researching and maybe investing in a newer truck with a warrenty/comfort features would be nice for DD. I do like the trailer and depending on what kind of deal we can make i may go ahead and pick it up. That way I have the trailer ready when I pick up a nice truck to tow.
I would be happy with the era. You will find a really good gas fueled truck for a good price in that 1992-1997 era. I am very partial to the 351. More so than the 460. And, of course, the F250 is a better choice.

A 1997-2004 F series will cost twice as much for a truck in the same condition and miles, but they are a good looking rig. And, if you get a 7.3 diesel get a turbo - 99 on.
Unread 02-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #35
Bedwell
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well the truck sold today, so back to the drawing board. Thank you for everyones responses.
Unread 02-13-2012, 08:02 AM   #36
IndyBlueWK
2005 WK 

Sorry guys I am not a vendor but I wish I was, I am just a guy who loves the company that he works for and loves to jeep..
IndyBlueWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #37
ajmorell

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
if you get a 7.3 diesel get a turbo - 99 on.
FYI 7.3's were turbo'd from 94 onward
ajmorell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #38
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmorell View Post
FYI 7.3's were turbo'd from 94 onward
I stand corrected. I had a 99 and was thinking it was the first PSD.
Unread 02-19-2012, 08:34 AM   #39
jose_p_adams
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I towed my jeep with my 94 f150 with a 302 once. I got 6 mpg and the truck hated it. I see you decided not to get the truck but if you are still looking, I wouldn't recommend that era of F150 for towing a jeep based on my experience.
jose_p_adams is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2012, 10:02 AM   #40
Bedwell
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose_p_adams View Post
I towed my jeep with my 94 f150 with a 302 once. I got 6 mpg and the truck hated it. I see you decided not to get the truck but if you are still looking, I wouldn't recommend that era of F150 for towing a jeep based on my experience.
I think I am going to get a newer truck that I will enjoy for many years instead of an old beater.
Unread 02-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #41
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedwell View Post
I think I am going to get a newer truck that I will enjoy for many years instead of an old beater.
I urge you to discard consideration of the model year and look only to mileage and condition. I have seen 2011 trucks I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole and 94 rigs that will run for another decade or more.

Modern truck conveniences start in 1999 or so, and really become cushy in 2004 and thereafter. But that doesn't make them better trucks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.