post #61 of Old 09-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Drix
1995 YJ Wrangler 

It will help I don't know by how much? MPG IS cumulative effect from many things. Another thing that will help is a larger air dam that hangs down in the front.

95' YJ 4" lift 33"x12.5r15's D30/8.8 locked with 4:88's
USMC Jeep Club #6
"Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines."
Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February 1918
post #62 of Old 09-05-2012, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
ionakana
Grand Poobah

1994 YJ Wrangler 

My air dam is missing, going to look at replacing it. I noticed that the other day looking at another truck.
post #63 of Old 09-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Drix
1995 YJ Wrangler 

The closer you get the air dam down to the ground the better.

95' YJ 4" lift 33"x12.5r15's D30/8.8 locked with 4:88's
USMC Jeep Club #6
"Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines."
Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February 1918
post #64 of Old 09-19-2012, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
ionakana
Grand Poobah

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Okay, so my truck broke down last night. Here's what happened. Monday I was driving down the expressway, stopped, put fuel in it and started back down the road. The truck started running like it was in a little bit of a strain, it still ran good though so I thought maybe some bad fuel. I drive to the office and back yesterday, same thing but when I pulled in to the neighborhood it suddenly started missing really bad, and there was a loud whine, kinda of like a power steering pump makes. Could it be the HPOP has gone out? I've been told I would probably be replacing it soon, it has around 166k on it. I also noticed over the weekend it had a small oil leak coming from back of the engine but looking online I read several places that said it is typical for an oil leak on the pump to make it's way back there. So what do you think? I changed the fuel filter when we upgraded the injectors last month too. If it is the pump, should I go stock or aftermarket and which one? I don't plan on upgrading anything else to make power, I like the truck just like it is.

Ended up being the fuel pump. Quick fix.