Custom Kamparoo Camper Trailer! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > Custom Kamparoo Camper Trailer!

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #16
drandersoninc

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw_jeep View Post
now a video putting it up for travel?
No issues on posting. As for a vid on putting it up, I'll assume you can google and Youtube as well as I can

But I will say that its just as easy in the opposite direction, as the handwinch does all the work. Just crank, tuck the folds in a couple times as you go, then latch it down and you are off.

drandersoninc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 05:03 AM   #17
tw_jeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yep - i think i got this intraweb search figured out...lol

Appreciate the feedback
2000 TJ Sport/auto/D44/X8000i & Tomken mount/jeeperman rear bumper and rails/Skidrow steering skid/RE 3.5SF/33x10.5x15ATKOs/JB Conversions SYE/CV shaft/BESTOP tire carrier/AtoZ front bumper/Front Aussie Locker/some aesthetic stuff/
tw_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 06:04 PM   #18
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

That is awesome! I really like it, and everything you've thought of for those comforts off the grid...

I've got a local off-road shop building me an box trailer (similar to a Pikes Peak trailer). It will share my 32" MTRs, for as you said, to be able to share tires. I'll still use a traditional tent (I may get a roof-top tent later?), but for now I'll have room to carry some decent cots to get off of the ground. I'll see how it goes as I'll probably modify the trailer as time goes on. It does have a 12 volt power system. Tomorrow I've got to finish up tying up the wires under the dash for the brake control that I installed last weekend, as like yours the trailer does have electric brakes. I installed the Mopar 7-way wiring harness last fall (made for an LJ).

Anyway, I'm picking it up on Saturday if everything is ready to go. I also want a trailer for extended stays out in the woods. Last summer I camped at 11k feet elevation in Colorado just below a mountain pass. It was awesome, but what fits in the back of my TJ is called minimalistic camping.

Thanks again for sharing your notes!

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 06:19 AM   #19
drandersoninc

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Very nice, that will make camping quite a bit more comfortable I'm sure.

So you said you were in camping in Colorado? If that's where you're from shoot me a PM as I'll be moving out that way in a year or so and would love to pick your brain on offroad areas to check out....

drandersoninc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #20
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

^Unfortunately I no longer live in CO (I grew up there). I try and drive out there once a year, if the wife allows it. That's the reason for my trailer. This was last year's trip, and the trip before. I'd also highly recommend the Ouray area. Traildamage is a great resource that I use to plan my camping trips.

Well this afternoon I got the fuse installed between the brake controller and the battery, plus I have the ball mount in the tow receiver. I need to get off of the couch next and go tie up the wires under dash yet. I had the day off, but the wife left me with a list of other things to accomplish (like installing a new garbage disposal... what fun was that!).

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 12:31 AM   #21
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
... I'd also highly recommend the Ouray area. Traildamage is a great resource that I use to plan my camping trips. ...
x2. Ouray (and the entire region, including Telluride, Silverton, Durango, Lake City, etc...) is one of our favorites. We try to get out there every couple years.
Unread 02-24-2013, 09:36 AM   #22
piratexpress
1996 ZJ 

that is a really nice trailer ..for me i need some thing for snow wheeling and canvas will not cut it ..thanks for the great write up
piratexpress is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.