cargo trailer axle change - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > cargo trailer axle change

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

cargo trailer axle change

I want to run the same size tires on my 5X10 foot cargo trailer as my TJ. I have a set of steel for my TJ with 3.75 BS I have run on my TJ and some 33X12.50 TrXus MTs.

I am also considering doing a spring over on the trailer but not sure if that could cause stability issues or problems if I load up the trailer?

I want to get the axles slight wider than the previous one so I don't have any issues with back spacing.

I am looking for advice from anybody here that can offer it.

I believe my Jeep bolt pattern is 5 on 4.5, this axle is that pattern, any thoughts on this axle? They have the hub also in star pattern. Is one hub design better than the other?

88 x 74 Idler Axle, 3,500 Lbs

http://www.orschelnfarmhome.com/88-x-74-idler-axle-3500-lbs/ctl16754/cp57927/si5175819/cl1/

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 11:44 PM   #2
TrailersPlus
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Give me a call tomorrow while I'm at work and I should be able to pass along some advice.

I'm usually there by ~8:45am to ~5:45pm Tues - Sat.
TrailersPlus is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.