Best way ti tow my Yj with Zj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > Best way ti tow my Yj with Zj

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
Fuddmaster
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Best way ti tow my Yj with Zj

Hi I have some question about towing. Will my stock 93 ZJ with the 5.2l tow my stock 94 YJ 2.5l with hard top? I live in Cleveland and have a place to store it and work on it in the Toledo area. Was wondering if I use a tow dolly if it will work? Or if I use have to use a trailer. I will be getting one or the other from u-haul. I just want to know if it is doable. Thanks in advance

Fuddmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #2
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

You can't tow a YJ on a dolly unless you disconnect the rear driveshaft (assuming you tow from the front). You'd be better off with a trailer or using a tow bar.

Personally, I wouldn't want to tow a YJ with something as light as a ZJ, but that's just my personal preference. Depending on the hitch rating and towing capacity of your ZJ, it might be possible. You'll have to check your manual for those specs.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.