ATV Tie Down on trailer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > ATV Tie Down on trailer

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 03-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #1
Patriotsfan0613
1993 ZJ 

ATV Tie Down on trailer

Hey guys,

My buddy just purchased a Polaris Magnum 500 and will be taking it out to his cabin within the next couple months... He and I have already determined that it wont fit into the back of his Ranger.. Because he is going to move it out to the cabin and leave it there he and I are going to rent a 5x8 or 5x9 U-Haul trailer.

Can you show me some pics of how you would tie the ATV to the trailer?

Patriotsfan0613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I've tied an atv down in the back of my truck; I imagine it would be similar in a small trailer. I put one on each handlebar, and one around the rear grab handle. Crank them down and you should be fine. I compressed the suspension about half way.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 05:48 AM   #3
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Your problem is that it won't fit between the wheelhouses on the bed. It is generally not to big for the bed because they are all less than 48" wide and 7' long. At 698 pounds, you can't pick it up and set it like a toy truck on top of the wheel houses but if you could, it would fit. Am I right or am I right?

And, the ranger will handle 698 in the bed.

So, why don't you just consider block and tackle to drop it in there. I have a couple of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Rope-Pulley-Block-Tackle-Hoist/dp/B001Z0WELC

And, if you have a tree, you can drop it in there or take it out. You just make a basket lift with ratchet straps which you then use to tie it down (although when it is sitting in the bed all cockeyed, you won't need to tie it down.

PS, if there are no trees with branches where you are going, every barn and commercial garage near the cabin will have an overhead beam that will easily handle the 700 pounds.
Unread 03-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #4
chevypowered
1981 CJ7 

Put on trailer' strap in the front and one in the back tighten it down and put in gear it wont go anywhere
chevypowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 12:46 AM   #5
kodiakwj
2003 WJ 

Just ride it in to the bed, then anchor the front to the front corner tie downs. Then tie down the rear to the hitch. My buddy put my suzuki king quad 700 in his Mazda b2300 all the time. Worked out just fine.
kodiakwj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.