any advice on a leveling kit? F350 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > any advice on a leveling kit? F350

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 08-25-2010, 05:01 PM   #1
oteps
1980 CJ5 

any advice on a leveling kit? F350

I just bought a 99 f350 7.3 auto. I want to put a leveling kit on it and run 315 tires on it. But I am afraid if I do that when towing the front will sit a lot higher than the rear. Anyone have a leveling kit on their tow rig? Thanks

oteps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2010, 05:43 PM   #2
jhurt
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have an airbag setup on mine. It's really more of a custom air suspension and it's manual (meaning I have to run an airline from the compressor to adjust it). Most airbag setups are like helper air springs to aid in hauling. This sounds like what you need (leveling kit + airbags in back) so you can adjust ride height depending on how heavy the tongue weight is, along with other cargo. If you couple that with an adjustable height hitch you'd be set. Mine works great. No matter how much weight I have I can just add air from the on-board compressor/tank and it levels right out. The automatic systems are pretty expensive.
Unread 08-25-2010, 05:53 PM   #3
jhurt
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Ok wait a minute. After visualizing how those air bag systems are typically installed I think you'd be working against the factory leaf springs if you tried to use the bags to raise the truck. Maybe just an adjustable height hitch would be best unless you want an infinitely adjustable system to cater to you every load. I was visualizing mine which is set up as an adjustable system so I was giving you misinformation that wouldn't apply to your truck.
Unread 08-26-2010, 09:22 AM   #4
oteps
1980 CJ5 

Air bags for the rear and a leveling kit might work. I just think if I only had the leveling kit when I tow it would sag the rear and look like I lifted the front and not the rear. I tow a lot of different things, flat trailer with a jeep on it, 24 ft enclosed trailer full of motorcycles, 20 ft boat, skid loader or a heavy old truck camper.
oteps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2010, 09:49 AM   #5
jhurt
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yea with something as heavy as a skid loader you'd want the bags. Without them the rear will sag down for sure, you'd look like your truck was built for san diego beach cruising and probably handle terribly too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.