Air bags - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > Air bags

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 06-02-2010, 09:41 AM   #1
Rusty Scupper

Air bags

I have a 2006 GMC 3/4 ton HD and will be pulling a larger 5th wheel trailer. It is still within the weight limit of the truck but at the upper end. I was thinking about installing air bags for a better ride. I checked out Kelderman and they are about $1,500 which is a little more than I was expecting.

Anybody have any experience with air bags? Mfg? Cost?

Thanks

Rusty Scupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 11:37 AM   #2
Rusty Scupper

Just put in my new airbag suspension. From what I gathered in my search Air Lift has a 1 year warranty while Firestone has a lifetime warranty. I also found out that both of them are probably manufactured by the same company. These were rated at 5,000lbs and can take 100lbs of air.

I went with the Firestone for about $250 from suspension connection. Parts came in about 1 week from time of order. They say it is about 2 hours to install.

The first side took about 1 hour as the instuctions were lacking (not bad, but could have been a little better). Had the assembly together but then had to take a part and put bolts in that were used later. Second side took about 15 min and routing of the hoses and fittings about 20 min.

Added air to the bags and it lifted my truck where it needed to be. This weekend will be the test to see what the differences are when I pull.
Rusty Scupper is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.