22' or 24' for SXS and a TJ? - JeepForum.com
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > 22' or 24' for SXS and a TJ?

RCV Axles at CCORYeti Paracord Handles are in at JeepHut.comPANDEMIC-USA 50" SINGLE ROW light bars!! **On sale no

Unread 08-04-2015, 06:51 PM   #1
Mall Crawling Racer
2000 TJ Wrangler 
22' or 24' for SXS and a TJ?

I'm trying to be as light as possible and need to haul a Wildcat sxs and a TJ. When I line them up Wildcat backwards (on the front of the trailer) and TJ facing forward (on the back of the trailer), it is about 21'3" or so wheelbase.

So it would technically fit on a 22'- which to me is easier to navigate around parking lots and weighs less (every 100lbs counts here).

But I'm worried about too much weight on the back of the trailer lifting the rear of the truck up. The Wildcat weighs 1000lbs and the TJ is around 4400lbs.

Thoughts or suggestions? Can I put the TJ up front and then just add a weight distribution hitch? That's a lot of weight on the tongue....

REDLYNER Racing #4550

HANKOOK TIRES * Rugged Radios * Savvy Offroad * Raceline Wheels
Clayton Off Road * DynoMax Exhaust * High Performance Graphics

Instagram: redlyner4550
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2015, 04:38 PM   #2
1974 CJ6 
If you feel that you can correctly and efficiently tie down both the TJ and the SXS in 22 foot of trailer, then go with that. You can have the trailer custom built to have the axles biased more toward the rear to give you the needed tongue weight. I would also make sure the trailer is heavy duty enough to haul both. I have seen a few 22' trailers bend with a jeep and 4-wheeler/sxs loaded like you are trying They had enough tongue weight with the sxs on the front, but too much weight from the jeep on the back.
80 CJ-5, 74 CJ-6, 56 CJ-5
Fourtrail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.