2006 Tundra Double Cab Tow Rig - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > 2006 Tundra Double Cab Tow Rig

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
aspjeepguy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

2006 Tundra Double Cab Tow Rig

I needed a light duty tow rig and a daily driver so I picked up an 2006 4x4 Tundra Double Cab.

I will be towing a 2004 TJ Rubicon on a my tilt top trailer. I am estimating that my total load will be about 5700#s. The tundra says it is cool to pull up to #6700. I will get everything on the scale at the local gravel pit to see what everything weighs in at. I used to pull this exact setup with an F150 with a 302 and 3.55 gears. It pulled it great and this tundra has more HP and Torque then the old F150 had.

I will post up some pictures when i get everything loaded up.

aspjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #2
aspjeepguy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

So I used this truck to tow my TJ the Bantam Jeep Festival last month. The truck did a great job it was about 180 miles each way. It was so nice to have room for pack and plays, coolers, and tools.

I got about 11 mpg and the 4.7 liter had plenty of power.
B&M Short Throw, Rear Alloy USA Axle Shafts
aspjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.