1950's Sears Trailer build - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > 1950's Sears Trailer build

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 06-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #31
conceitedjake
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Is yours diamond plate on the inside? Mine has a pattern in it that I've never seen stamped into metal before, its tiny little squares. Kinda cool.

conceitedjake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 09:11 AM   #32
GoGetEmTurbo
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by conceitedjake View Post
Is yours diamond plate on the inside? Mine has a pattern in it that I've never seen stamped into metal before, its tiny little squares. Kinda cool.
That is cool. Mine has the diamond plate in it.

Used it last night to pick up a bunch of lumber from Home Depot, worked really well. Wish it was just a couple inches wider for a 4' wide sheet to fit down inside but it sat up on the top rail really well though. It did make me think about widening the whole thing and not just the axle and fenders. Would be a pretty big mod on it to do so though. I'm leaning towards it not being worth it haha

www.dirtjunk.com
GoGetEmTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #33
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Eventually I want to switch to a 3 axis coupler for offroading as soon as I can afford one without refinancing my house so I picked up a section of receiver tube to convert the tongue to accept a removable coupler.
Did that on mine as well. Figure it's also a little security bonus, the trailer's not likely to be missing when I get back off the trail.

Quote:
Does anyone have any tips/mistakes learned? Bueller? Bueller?
I did notice the receiver end (above) had a little slop like any other hitch and would allow the two pieces to clank around a bit. I tacked a couple of flat washers on the insert piece to keep it a little more snug. Much quieter now.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 03:03 PM   #34
conceitedjake
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Good tip.
Unread 03-13-2013, 11:52 PM   #35
conceitedjake
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Been a long time and im bringing this back from the dead. I am going to be swapping the tongue for a receiver style so its removable for antitheft.
Unread 03-25-2013, 07:32 AM   #36
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I have been searching for years for a trailer suitable for dragging behind my Jeep when we go camping. I finally found one that I didn't have to finance to afford and started building.
The day I got it--

Refinishing the wheels-
After a ton of grinding/painting-
what is that final color on the wheel at the bottom?

Love it!
Deuskid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 07:34 AM   #37
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Eventually I want to switch to a 3 axis coupler for offroading as soon as I can afford one without refinancing my house so I picked up a section of receiver tube to convert the tongue to accept a removable coupler.
This build thread has a 3 axis. See summary at post 2398.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/bo.../index160.html

There is a complete build out earlier in the thread.

About $50 per Jeff.
Deuskid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #38
conceitedjake
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I used rustoleum hammered grey for the wheels. It turned out awesome! I have a new pic somewhere I'll have to post up.
Unread 08-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #39
Kenny1AZ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I found this at a forging house in Chicago, it works great.... About $200 if I recall, I'll have to look it up.
Found it
https://locknroll.com/ about $230 for Jeep & trailer
K
2011-08-27_14-38-13_22-large-.jpg  

Last edited by Kenny1AZ; 08-23-2013 at 03:09 PM..
Kenny1AZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.