18ft or 20ft trailer - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > 18ft or 20ft trailer

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 06-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #16
Echoman
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! I am glad i went with the 20ft and dual 5200lb axles. I know it might be a little overkill, but better to be safe! I was actually going pick up a 20ft with dual 3500lb axles and I saw this one on the lot after we had had done all the paperwork! I talked myself into it and came home with the heavier duty trailer instead! I am glad they had this one in stock, otherwise I would have bought the other one!!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Unread 06-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #17
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

When I bought mine I wanted the heavier axles and 10,000 lb capacity. But, I got such a great deal on my used PJ 18' dovetail that I settled for the 7000# version.

I love the dovetail also. I rarely mess with the ramps. Just jack the front end up as high as you can and drive right on.

Although yours is so purdy, you might not want to do that yet.

Here's mine right after I loaded the Jeep....no ramps.

TJDaveX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #18
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I forgot to also suggest that if you have your stock spare tire cover still hanging out in your garage somewhere, they make an awesome trailer spare tire cover!

TJDaveX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #19
Jtrux
2006 LJ Wrangler 

That's like mine, 20' with 5200lb axles. It's just soo damn heavy, about 3100lbs.
Unread 07-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #20
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtrux View Post
That's like mine, 20' with 5200lb axles. It's just soo damn heavy, about 3100lbs.

Of course, no one wants to be told what their own trailer weighs, so I apologize in advance, but your trailer does not weigh 3100 pounds. Sorry. Don't hate the messenger.
Unread 07-08-2012, 02:17 PM   #21
Jtrux
2006 LJ Wrangler 

http://www.pjtrailers.com/detail.cfm?ID=CC
Unread 07-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #22
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

You posted a link to a 6" channel trailer 14,000GVWR and if that is what you have, it appears to tip the scales at 3100 pounds. But, that is not what is shown above.
Unread 07-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #23
wolfcreek
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
Of course, no one wants to be told what their own trailer weighs, so I apologize in advance, but your trailer does not weigh 3100 pounds. Sorry. Don't hate the messenger.
I just bought a PJ 18' dovetail 7k trailer, and even though I'm towing it with a F-450 I still found it important to keep the trailer weight as low as possible. I would have bought the featherlite ( 1550# instead of 1850# ) if it weren't for the width and the $4k price difference.
If someone told me my trailer is lighter than I thought I'd be thrilled.
wolfcreek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #24
Jtrux
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Why is it soo hard to accept what someone says as truth. My trailer is the one i posted except mine has 5200lb axles, the weight between the two is hardly worth arguing about.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.