08 JK trailer light plug - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 11-26-2008, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
jnr0104
Old Jeep Guy

2008 JK Wrangler 

08 JK trailer light plug

Anyone noticed that the flat 4 connector trailer plug that comes mounted on the 08 JK unlimiteds won't fit with a standard 4 connector plug. Local auto parts said its a special order item from jeep. I checked with my dealer ,he had no idea about the size difference til he checked the computer should have one in a few days

Last edited by jnr0104; 11-26-2008 at 02:14 PM. Reason: misspelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-09-2008, 11:31 AM
JIMBOX
2008 JK Wrangler 

I modified my trailer plug 7-pin setup, by getting the 4-pin plug kit from U-HAUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnr0104 View Post
Anyone noticed that the flat 4 connector trailer plug that comes mounted on the 08 JK unlimiteds won't fit with a standard 4 connector plug. Local auto parts said its a special order item from jeep. I checked with my dealer ,he had no idea about the size difference til he checked the computer should have one in a few days
They have a variaty of assemblies at their seperate rental offices

JIMBO
post #3 of 4 Old 12-09-2008, 06:38 PM
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Back in my XJ days, I had an aftermarket hitch put on by a shop out here - well, the bum ended up getting that goofy 4-pin connector. I ended up going to Autozone and getting a 4-pin connector, butchering it (wiring is all correct, you just have to separate the ground from the positive terminals) and building an adapter to the normal 4-pin.

Worked out pretty good.

Jim Karlin
"How the heck do you get there?"
"Duh! Big RED Jeep!!!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Best customer service in the states:

or

96 ZJ Laredo
5" lift, Claytons, KOR radiator support, rear bumper, steering brace, etc, etc, etc.

04 WJ Overland
Clean.... :D

post #4 of 4 Old 12-10-2008, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
jnr0104
Old Jeep Guy

2008 JK Wrangler 

I got the correct plug from jeep,and made a pigtail with a normal size plug so I didn't have to change all my trailers to the weird sized plug

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.